GREENACRES SLIP AND FALL LAWYERS
GREENACRES SLIP AND FALL LAWYERS
Unlike car accidents, property damage claims, or instances of nursing home abuse and neglect, slip and falls often occur without an apparent cause. When a cause can be attributed to an unreasonably dangerous condition(s), however, under Florida law, victims may hold that employer, property owner, or business liable for his or her injuries.
The term slip and fall is all-encompassing when an individual is injured as a result of an unreasonably dangerous condition (e.g. water accumulation, poor lighting, or uneven flooring). As one of the leading causes of death in the United States—approximate to the number of car accident fatalities—slip, and falls can indeed affect people of all ages and are most likely to occur at the workplace, on another person’s property, or at a commercial establishment. Moreover, Florida is one of the largest retiree states in the nation, with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reporting a disproportionate number of elderly people being treated for slip and fall injuries each year—2.8 million when only Florida is considered.
If you or a loved one have been injured as a result of an employer’s, property owner’s, or business’ negligence in Florida, call the experienced slip and fall accident attorneys at the Shiner Law Group to discuss your legal options, as you may be entitled to financial compensation.
How Our Greenacres Slip and Fall Attorneys Can Help
When a slip and fall accident victim intends to make a claim against an employer, property owner, or business in Greenacres, he or she must consider whether the negligent party failed to maintain a safe premise. The injured party is responsible for proving a dangerous condition existed, the property owner knew of the condition (or should have known) with reasonable inspection, and that the property owner failed to properly remedy the condition.
Slip and fall cases in Florida are subject to the Premises Liability Act, which maintains that a property owner owes a duty of reasonable care to guests, patrons, or trespassers. The circumstances of each case present a unique set of factual challenges and legal issues that requires the expertise of an experienced slip and fall accident attorney.
For over 15 years, the award-winning attorneys at the Shiner Law Group have successfully represented Greenacres victims and their families in slip and fall lawsuits, recovering millions of dollars in damages, because we are committed to not only providing injury victims with the financial compensation they deserve, but to ensure that businesses take the necessary steps to prevent further injuries. Our law firm has the legal acumen to navigate Florida’s ever-changing slip and fall laws and guide victims through the civil litigation process while fostering a positive client experience.
We conduct a thorough investigation of the facts to build the most compelling claim:
- Gather key physical evidence (photographs, film, damaged apparel, etc.)
- Acquire Eyewitness testimony
- Review adequacy of warnings and barriers
- Determine the duration of the dangerous condition’s existence
- Examine police, medical, and accident reports
- Common Slip and Fall Accidents
When an individual encounters an unreasonably dangerous condition, they are most likely to suffer a number of the following injuries:
- Head injuries. According to the CDC, slip and falls account for 40% of all traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) in the United States, and may cause minor concussions, ongoing seizures, mood changes, cognitive impairment, or other debilitating symptoms.
- Back injuries. Slip and falls account for 25% of all spinal cord injuries, according to the Mayo Clinic, which can result in fractured vertebrae, herniated discs, paralysis, and other neurological and sensory impairments.
- Hip injuries. The CDC reports 95% of all broken hips are suffered in slip and falls, which may require hospitalization, surgery, and rehabilitation.
- Shoulder injuries. Slip and falls may result in shoulder dislocation or brachial plexus injury, which affects the nervous system and require surgery and rehabilitation.
Speak with a Greenacres Slip and Fall Attorney
Have you or someone you love been injured because of the negligent, reckless, or intentional conduct of another? Call us at (561) 777-7700 or contact us online for a free case review. The Shiner Law Group represents personal injury and wrongful death victims in Greenacres and the surrounding cities.