STUART CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
STUART CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Were You Injured in a Car Accident in Stuart?
With a blink of an eye, a car accident can turn your life around. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in Stuart, the financial, emotional, and physical stress can be overwhelming. It is best to consult a professional team to make this difficult time less frustrating for you.
An experienced car accident lawyer fully understands the tactics the defendants and/or the insurance companies would utilize to refuse the claim or try to reduce the amount of compensation you can recover from the negligent party. Therefore, you would be able to recover a fair amount of compensation for the damages and losses you have incurred.
Common Causes of Accident in Stuart
Different factors can lead to a car accident. Some of these include:
- Distracted driving – Talking, texting, eating or any other activity while driving is one of the leading causes of car accidents.
- Speeding – Reckless driving, excessive speeding, trying to overtake a vehicle can result in road hazards that might even prove fatal.
- Driving under the influence – Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol can drastically lower one’s focus and ability to make a sound judgment.
- Not following road rules – Not obeying traffic rules or road signs can lead to accidents as it also creates confusion for other drivers.
- Weather conditions – Harsh weather can also be a cause of accident by creating unsafe driving conditions. Extreme wind, fog, hail, snow and rain can reduce drivers’ control over their vehicles.
- Tailgating – Angry or impatient drivers, driving super close to other vehicles, can also become a cause of car accident.
- Drowsy driving – Fatigued drivers can experience impaired vision and slow reaction, leading to car accidents.
There can be other many other reasons that could result in car accidents leading to severe injuries.
Common Injuries from Stuart Car Accidents
Car accidents can lead to different types of injuries not just to the drivers but also pedestrians and other victims near the accident sites. The most common injuries victims sustain due to car accidents are as follows:
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Burn injuries
- Neck injuries
- Brain damage and other injuries
- Head trauma and other injuries
Sustaining these injuries can be painful and can take a major toll on the physical, emotional and financial health and well-being of the victims.
Auto Accident Statute of Limitations in Florida
Florida’s statute of limitations obliges the victims of automobile accidents to file cases to recover compensation under a specific timeframe. Failing to file a claim within the given timeframe means you can’t pursue the case after that date.
According to Florida’s statute of limitations, you can file a case for personal injuries after a car accident with a Stuart personal injury lawyer anytime within four years from the date of the accident. In case of a wrongful death claim, you have up to two years to file a claim from the date your loved one passed away.
Types of Car Accident Claims in Stuart
If you have been involved in a car accident that was caused due to someone else’s negligence, you would be entitled to recover monetary compensation for the financial, emotional and physical trauma you have sustained. The types of claims you can pursue after a car accident depends on your situation. A lawyer would be able to inspect your case thoroughly to determine the types of claims and amount you would be able to recover.
Typically, in a car accident case, the following claims can be made:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Ambulance charges
- Rehabilitation and therapy costs
- The cost of surgeries
- In-house medical services
- Personal injury protection
- Property damage
- Uninsured or underinsured motorists
- Past and future loss of income
- Physical impairment
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of a dependent
- Loss or reduction in the quality of life
A number of other claims can be made, depending on your case.
Importance of Seeking Treatment Within 14 Days of a Car Accident in Stuart
As per the personal injury protection (PIP) statute of Florida, if the victim wasn’t medically treated within 14 days of the accident, they give up the benefits offered to them under this statute. If you didn’t get the right treatment after sustaining injuries in a car accident then whatever you paid for PIP benefits won’t do you any good.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim after a Car Accident
A wrongful death claim is applicable if the victim or victims of a car accident, which was caused due to the negligence or intentional harm by the defendant dies on the spot or during the treatment of sustained injuries. If you lost a loved one in a car accident then you or their dependants can file a wrongful death claim with the help of an experienced Stuart wrongful death lawyer.
Benefits of Hiring a Stuart Car Accident Attorney
Once the accident happens, the defendant will immediately hire a lawyer and start preparing a case against any claim you might legally make on them. The insurance company would also create a strong case to make sure things go as per their interest. Therefore, it is important to have a skilled car accident lawyer working on your behalf.
Here are a few things that can help your lawyer make your case stronger:
- Present photographs you or any witness might have taken during or after the accident that can prove the negligence of the defendants.
- Utilize computer graphics to reconstruct the accident scene to show the jury who was at fault.
- Conduct an independent and thorough investigation of the car accident.
- Document all incurred expenses, including property damage, therapy costs, medical expenses and other damages.
- Calculate non-economical damages suffered, including loss of past and future earnings, emotional distress, pain and suffering
The lawyer will immediately start preparing for the trial and make sure that they negotiate the best settlement for you. If you or a loved one were involved in a car accident then you need to get legal help immediately. Contact Shiner Law Group and get a free car accident case evaluation of your case.