Were you recently injured in a boat accident in Boca Raton, FL? Our experienced Boca Raton boat accident lawyers at Shiner Law Group are ready to help fight for your legal rights and get the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (561) 368-3363 to speak with an attorney for a 100% free consultation.
You may be entitled to seek compensation for medical bills, loss of income, pain, and suffering, and more. Contact our Boca Raton, FL law offices to discuss the legal options that might be available to you following your boat accident. The next steps are very important. Let Shiner Law Group help you with your boat accident case today.
Table of Contents
Were You Injured In A Boat Accident In Boca Raton?
Throughout Boca Raton there are hundreds of well-marked waterways and inlets, providing access to a variety of waterfront restaurants and other activities. Nevertheless, while south Florida is generally described as a “boater’s paradise,” it is not always all fun in the sun. Where there are a lot of boats, there is a potential for accidents. More than 50,000 boats are registered in Boca Raton alone, and, at any given time, nearly 5,000 out-of-state boats navigate the local waterways. While boating is a great pastime, it can also be dangerous, especially when mandated precautions are not taken.
In 2020, there were 836 boat accidents with 79 fatalities and thousands of serious, life-changing injuries that occurred from boating accidents in the United States. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident, a Boca Raton boat accident attorney from Shiner Law Group can help you obtain compensation for your losses.
Filing A Boat Accident Claim in Boca Raton
Florida law mandates that everyone who operates a boat must obey safety laws and exercise reasonable care in the operation and maintenance of the boat.
When a boater is careless or negligent, a Boca Raton boat accident lawyer can help those injured as a result of a boating accident to pursue a claim for payment of medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, or wrongful death.
Causes For Boca Raton Boating Accidents
- Boating while drunk. An estimated 16 percent of fatal boating accidents in 2011 resulted from intoxicated boating, according to the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Maintenance problems with boats and safety equipment. The U.S. Coast Guard reports that 424 accidents in 2011 resulted from equipment failures. In total, 28 people died from accidents resulting from insufficient maintenance.
- Weather problems. In 2011, 771 accidents aboard boats caused 155 deaths when the boaters failed to check the weather or respond appropriately to dangerous conditions.
- Loading problems. In 2011, 193 accidents and 79 deaths resulted from improper care in loading either passengers or cargo aboard boats.
- Distracted boating. A total of 581 accidents and 58 fatalities in 2011 resulted from the operator of the boat not paying proper attention to his or her actions on or near the water.
- Excess speed. 349 boating accidents and 28 deaths occurred in 2011 because of boats traveling at excess speeds.
Seeking A Boca Raton Boat Accident Lawyer Near Me
In these and other situations, if the boat operator makes a poor decision that affects the health or life of his or her passengers and/or others on the waterways, the boat operator may be held liable for those person’s injuries.
Boat accident victims or their loved ones should consult a Boca Raton boat accident lawyer to pursue a claim for compensation against the negligent boat operator whose actions caused harm.
Contact A Boca Raton Boating Accident Attorney for Legal Help
At Shiner Law Group, our Boca Raton boating accident lawyers have extensive experience representing clients injured in boating collisions and accidents. We can resolve your case in the courtroom or through out-of-court settlement negotiations.
Call our Boca Raton boat accident lawyers or contact us online to schedule a free evaluation and learn more about how we can help you with your boating accident claim.
Boca Raton Boat Accident Lawyer Review
Boca Raton Boat Accident Injury Law Office
Shiner Law Group
301 Yamato Rd. STE 4100
Boca Raton, FL 33431