Were you recently injured in an accident in Orlando, FL? Our experienced Orlando personal injury lawyers at Shiner Law Group are ready to help fight for your legal rights and get the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (407) 305-0566 to speak with an attorney for a 100% free consultation.
You may be entitled to seek compensation for medical bills, loss of income, pain and suffering, and more. Contact our Orlando, FL law offices to discuss the legal options that might be available to you following your accident. The next steps are very important. Let Shiner Law Group help you with your accident case today.
Table of Contents
Were You Injured In An Accident In Orlando?
If another person’s negligence has caused you serious injury, you may suffer physical, emotional and financial damages. No matter what personal injury you’ve sustained, the road to recovery and compensation can be long and arduous. That’s why it’s essential to seek help from a lawyer who knows personal injury law as well as the complexities of the Orlando court system.
Working with a lawyer could help you protect your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. An Orlando personal injury lawyer from Shiner Law Group will help you understand the legal implications of your situation, provide sound legal advice and defend your rights in court.
Working With an Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer
When you hire a lawyer from Shiner Law Group, you’ll have access to a trained attorney who will exhaustively research your case details to maximize your chances of success. We’ll be with you every step of the way, from filing paperwork to dealing with the Florida legal system. Your attorney will help you determine the best course of action, negotiate a settlement and, if necessary, represent you in court.
A qualified personal injury lawyer will be familiar with the laws and regulations in Florida. This knowledge can be especially important if you’re filing a personal injury claim across state lines. Your lawyer will be able to advise you on any state-specific laws that may be relevant to your case.
We’ll help you understand the complex language and technical legal terms in all your legal documents. While legal language can be abstruse, understanding these documents may help you make sense of your situation.
Above all, our firm will strive to get you the compensation you need for a full recovery. With our network of resources, we’ll investigate your accident and gather evidence to prove the other party’s negligence. Your lawyer will guide you through the court proceedings so you won’t have to worry about making the case yourself. If necessary, we’ll negotiate with insurance companies to get you the best settlement possible.
Common Causes of Orlando Personal Injuries
In Orlando, most personal injuries result from automobile accidents. Orlando is a major tourist destination, so the city’s roads are often congested, making road accidents all the more likely. Additionally, the city has many drivers unfamiliar with the roads and driving recklessly or without proper insurance coverage. According to a crash report by the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), as of 2019, Orange County, where Orlando is located, has a 3 year average of 31,505 of vehicle accidents which resulted in 22,881 reported injuries. Speak with an Orlando car accident lawyer today if you were involved in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence.
Truck accidents are a leading cause of personal injury in Orlando. Due to their size and weight, trucks can cause significant damage when they collide with smaller vehicles or pedestrians. People involved in truck accidents may suffer serious injuries that require extensive medical treatment and time away from work to recover. If you were injured in an accident involving a commercial truck, semi-truck, 18-wheeler, or similar, speak with our Orlando truck accident lawyer today to get started with your claim.
Many cyclists, pedestrians, and motorists share the roads every day, leading to an increased risk of collisions between these different types of vehicles. Bicyclists often suffer serious injuries due to their lack of protection when they collide with larger cars or trucks. Injuries can range from broken bones and head trauma to paralysis or even death in some cases.
With more people walking, running, and cycling on the roads, it’s no surprise that these collisions occur frequently. Unfortunately, pedestrians have little to no protection when they’re involved in an accident with a motor vehicle, making them particularly vulnerable to serious injuries or even death.
Slip and Fall Accidents
These types of accidents can occur anywhere, from private homes to public places like stores or restaurants, as well as amusement parks. They can happen due to hazardous conditions such as wet floors, uneven surfaces, poor lighting, or inadequate maintenance. People involved in slip and fall accidents may suffer serious injuries that require medical treatment and time away from work for recovery. Discuss your slip and fall accident with a Shiner Law Group Orlando slip and fall lawyer today to see if you have a case and get the compensation you deserve.
Construction sites can be hazardous places, with workers potentially suffering from falls, burns, electrocutions, and other injuries due to heavy machinery and tools. Even visitors to construction sites can be injured if safety regulations are not followed or appropriate signage is absent. Construction accident victims may require extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation, and time away from work while recovering.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries can be caused by car accidents, slips and falls workplace accidents, and more. Injury victims may suffer from cognitive impairments, memory loss, paralysis, or even death in some cases. Sadly, it is often the case that these debilitating conditions could have been avoided with proper safety measures in place.
Defective Product Accidents
Defective product accidents can range from malfunctioning home appliances to dangerous toys, defective car parts or medical devices that fail to work as intended or instructed. Injuries caused by defective products may include broken bones, lacerations, burns, and death in some cases. Product liability victims of these incidents may require extensive medical treatment and time away from work for recovery. Unfortunately, many of these injuries could have been avoided if proper safety measures had been taken during the design and production process of the product.
Property owners can be held liable for any injuries when they fail to provide adequate safety measures and security guards. Negligent security incidents can lead to physical harm or even death due to the lack of protection from potential dangers such as theft, assault, robbery, and other violent crimes.
Every year, thousands of workers suffer from injuries due to unsafe working conditions or hazardous equipment. These workplace accidents can range from slips and fall to being struck by falling objects or even electrocutions. In some cases, these injuries may be minor, but in other instances, they can result in devastating physical disabilities as well as psychological trauma that require extensive medical treatment and time away from work for recovery. Fortunately, those injured on the job may be eligible for compensation through their employer’s workers’ compensation insurance program or by filing a lawsuit against a negligent third-party responsible for their injury.
When medical professionals make mistakes or fail to provide adequate care, their negligence can have serious consequences for the patient – including physical and emotional pain, suffering, and even death.
Dog Bite Injuries
As an Orlando personal injury lawyer, I have seen many cases of dog bite injuries resulting in serious physical and emotional pain for the victims. Dog bites can cause severe lacerations, nerve damage, and even infections if not treated properly. These injuries may require extensive medical treatment or even surgery to repair the damage done by a dog’s sharp teeth.
Unfortunately, these attacks are often preventable if owners take proper precautions to ensure their pets do not pose a risk to others. If you or someone you know has been injured due to a dog bite in Orlando, speak with a Shiner Law Group lawyer today to discuss your case.
Have You Suffered One of These Injuries Due to an Accident in Orlando?
Personal injuries can range from minor to severe and can include a variety of physical, emotional, and mental conditions. If you’ve suffered any of the following injuries, you may be entitled to compensation from a negligent third party.
- Whiplash is caused by a sudden, forceful movement of the head and neck, which can result in muscle damage, tissue damage and nerve damage. Symptoms include neck pain, stiffness, headaches, blurred vision, fatigue, dizziness, and difficulty concentrating.
- Broken bones can also occur in an accident. They can range from simple to complex fractures and involve symptoms such as pain, swelling, and loss of movement.
- Bruising is a common injury that can occur from a blow to the body. It can range from mild to severe and cause pain, swelling, and long-term skin discoloration.
- Lacerations are deep cuts or wounds to the skin. They may result from contact with sharp objects, such as knives or glass, or blunt objects, such as a baseball bat or a hammer. Lacerations can cause pain, swelling, and bleeding and may require stitches or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries may come from a blow to the head or a sudden acceleration or deceleration of the head. Symptoms of a TBI can include difficulty concentrating, memory loss, confusion, and changes in behavior.
- Spinal cord injuries are caused by a blow or a sudden acceleration or deceleration of the spine. Symptoms can be severe and may include paralysis, loss of sensation, and difficulty breathing.
- Lost limbs can occur as a result of an accident or a medical condition. Sufferers may experience phantom pain, swelling, and difficulty moving the affected limb.
- Burns are a type of personal injury caused by exposure to extreme heat or chemicals. They can be permanently disfiguring, requiring ongoing therapy and care, so compensation for serious burns should consider future damages.
- Diseases such as lung cancer can result from long-term exposure to asbestos or other chemicals. Symptoms of lung cancer can include a persistent cough, chest pain, and difficulty breathing. Asbestos exposure is a common reason for collective litigation and class-action lawsuits.
- Mental illness can result from head injuries or trauma, and symptoms can include depression, anxiety, and difficulty concentrating. Mental illness may also result from medical malpractice or an overprescription of drugs. Damages can extend to mental and emotional suffering, lost income, and future anguish.
Our Firm Handles All Types of Accident And Injury Cases in Orlando
At Shiner Law Group, we’ll help you understand the types of damages for which you may be entitled to receive a settlement. These payments can cover medical bills, lost wages, and emotional distress. The best way to determine how much compensation you’re entitled to receive is to speak to a member of our firm. The following types of damages are common for victims of negligence in Orlando.
- Motor vehicle repairs: You can receive compensation for the cost of repairs to your vehicle after an accident. This includes any damage to the engine or drivetrain and the interior or exterior of the vehicle.
- Loss of wages or job: If you’ve missed work after an accident, you may be entitled to a payment. Additionally, if your injuries prevent you from working in your current job, you may receive compensation for job loss and other employment-related damages.
- Mental anguish: In the courts, mental anguish is often difficult to quantify. It refers to the emotional distress an individual experiences due to an accident. It can include feelings of fear, depression, anxiety, or even PTSD, and it often necessitates therapy or prescription medication.
- Physical suffering: This refers to the psychological effects of physical injuries, which can cause ongoing pain and suffering. Compensation can include money for doctor’s visits, physical therapy, pain medication, and surgery.
- Wrongful death: If the accident results in a death, family members may be entitled to receive a settlement. This includes any medical costs associated with the death and any other damages that the family may experience, such as a loss of income or property. Speak with our Orlando wrongful death lawyer today if you think you may have a case.
- Changes in quality of life: A traumatic accident may result in changes to an individual’s quality of life. These changes can include new physical or mental disabilities, a loss of overall satisfaction, or damaged relationships.
- Medical costs: These costs may result from emergency care or any ongoing medical care you may require after your accident. Compensation for medical costs often forms the bulk of a personal injury settlement.
- Future economic losses: We’ll strive to convince the judge that you’re entitled to compensation for lost wages, unemployability, future medical costs, and any therapeutic expenses that may result from your injury.
- Future anguish: This form of damage can also be hard to quantify, but we’ll go out of our way to show the judge that you deserve compensation for any anguish that you’re likely to suffer in the future. Future anguish can include physical or mental suffering and negative changes to your quality of life.
Know How Much Compensation You’re Entitled to Receive For an Orlando Accident
In recovering damages, it can be hard to deal with insurance companies. If you’ve been involved in an accident and need to file a claim for compensation, an insurance company may try to minimize your payout.
A lawyer can help you navigate the claims process by providing quality legal advice. Our counsel could help you determine the best course of action for your situation and work to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
An Orlando personal injury lawyer will know the insurance companies tactics. They’ll know how to negotiate with these agencies for the best possible settlement. They’ll also be able to handle any disputes between you and your insurance provider.
Plus, a knowledgeable lawyer can provide emotional support during the claims process. Dealing with insurance agencies can be stressful, and having a lawyer on your side can provide some much-needed peace of mind. Your lawyer can help alleviate the stress of dealing with an insurance company and be available to answer your questions.
Getting Compensated For An Orlando Personal Injury Accident
A personal injury attorney can help you determine how much compensation you should receive and then negotiate and argue on your behalf to ensure you get the highest payout possible. To receive the maximum compensation, you’ll need to establish that the other party is liable for the accident and that the damages you’ve suffered are a result of their negligence or wrongful action.
When you work with Shiner Law Group, your lawyer will gather evidence to support your case and work to negotiate a fair settlement. This process will include negotiating with insurance companies and taking the case to court, if necessary. Your lawyer will also advise you on the best course of action while handling all paperwork and legal proceedings on your behalf.
Having an experienced lawyer on your side can make a huge difference in the outcome of your personal injury lawsuit. Your attorney will aim to provide the best legal representation and ensure you receive every penny you deserve for your physical, emotional, and psychological damages.
Personal Injury Law in Orlando, FL
In Florida, you must file a personal injury claim within a set time frame. The statute of limitations is the amount of time you have to file a legal claim after an accident. Understanding the statute of limitations for each type of personal injury is important to maximize your chances of receiving adequate compensation.
For automobile accidents, the statute of limitations is four years from the accident date. In most cases, you’ll have four years to file a claim for compensation unless the negligent party is also guilty of deception. Under normal circumstances, if you wait too long to file a claim, the judge will likely dismiss your case.
Regarding medical malpractice, the statute of limitations in Florida is two years from the date of the incident. In most other personal injury cases, the statute of limitations is four years, so unless a victim can prove deception on the part of the negligent party, the window for filing a claim closes exactly four years after the accident.
How An Orlando Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
To help establish your entitlement to compensation, we’ll begin by interviewing witnesses who can provide information regarding the accident or injury. This step includes talking to people on the scene and gathering any photos or videos taken by bystanders. We’ll also look for any surveillance footage that may be available.
Our Orlando personal injury lawyer will also visit the accident scene to take photographs and record videos of the area. We’ll document the details of the scene, such as the condition of the roads and any possible hazardous conditions that may have contributed to the accident.
Once we’ve gathered evidence, we’ll assess the financial value of your claims. This step will involve reviewing medical records, proof of wages and other relevant documents to accurately judge the compensation you should receive.
To prove the other party’s negligence, we’ll review all the evidence from the scene and use it to build a strong case for your financial recovery. Throughout the process, we’ll handle written and verbal communications to ensure that you remain aware of important developments in your case.
Defending Your Rights to Receive Financial Recompense
When you come to us for help, we’ll use our knowledge of the law and our experience in the courtroom to deal with the negligent parties, organizations, or government agencies seeking to prevent you from getting a just payout. With our expertise, we’ll ensure that the court system and opposing legal teams treat you fairly.
Our Orlando personal injury attorney will investigate the cause of your injury and build a strong case to help you receive compensation for all damages stemming from your accident. We’ll prepare a comprehensive legal strategy that outlines your right to compensation and how we plan to mount a case on your behalf. We’ll use a wide range of legal tools and tactics to ensure that you won’t walk out of the courtroom empty-handed.
Determining Fault in an Orlando Personal Injury Case
Regarding commercial vehicle accidents, an Orlando personal injury attorney can guide you through the legal process, from filing your claim to making your case in court. We understand the unique challenges of these cases, such as the complicated claims process and the potential for multiple defendants.
Nursing home abuse is another area of personal injury law for which we offer representation. We know the unique challenges of nursing home abuse cases, such as the difficulty of proving negligence and the emotional trauma this type of abuse can cause. We’ll do everything we can to ensure justice is served and the perpetrators are held accountable.
Unfortunately, in many cases, the courts may find both parties at fault to some degree. In Florida, comparative negligence is the legal principle that assigns liability for an accident to each party based on the degree of fault. In other words, if a judge finds both parties at fault, he or she will assign each party a percentage of liability based on the severity and degree of fault. Our attorney will argue on your behalf in cases of comparative negligence so that you can look forward to the largest payout possible.
Speak With An Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me Today
Our firm takes cases in many areas of personal injury law, including Uber and Lyft accidents, electric car fires, and 18-wheeler incidents. We understand the complexities of these cases and are well-versed in the relevant laws and regulations. We’ll provide the legal assistance you need to defend your rights in court and negotiate a settlement that helps you get your life back on track.
During your free consultation, we’ll learn your case and determine the best course of action for your situation. You’ll receive an honest, accurate assessment of your case so that you’ll be able to make an informed decision going forward.
To give you the best chance of receiving an adequate payout, we’ll help you make sense of your Florida Personal Injury Protection coverage. We know the ins and outs of PIP insurance, and during your consultation, we’ll explain what it covers and doesn’t cover and how to deal with tight-fisted insurance companies.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, work with us at Shiner Law Group. Our friendly personal injury lawyer will provide the legal assistance you need to navigate the Orlando court system. With our free consultations and customer-focused staff, you may receive enough money to cover all damages and expenses resulting from your accident. Call us today for a free consultation at (407) 305-0566 or fill out our free online consultation request to learn more.
Orlando Personal Injury Law Office
Shiner Law Group
2480 E. Michigan St. Suite 206
Orlando, FL 32806