Property owners have an obligation to maintain their property in a way that is safe for visitors and guests. If you or a loved one is injured at a store, restaurant, friend’s home, or public sidewalk, you may have a right to compensation if your accident was caused by unsafe conditions. The slip and fall attorneys at Shiner Law Group help victims understand their rights and pursue a claim for damages after an accident on the property.
Understanding Slip and Fall Accidents at Amusement Parks
Under Florida law, all property owners must make sure their land and buildings are reasonably safe. However, the specific obligation of a property owner or renter will vary depending upon what the property is used for and the nature of the visitors and guests.
Premises liability laws in Florida create three categories of visitors, each entitled to a different level of protection:
- Invitees are customers to a store or restaurant who are invited onto a property to do business with the owner. Invitees are entitled to the highest level of protection. Property owners or renters must inspect the property regularly to identify dangerous conditions and must either correct problems or warn visitors of hazards.
- Licensees are casual friends and guests invited onto the property for the mutual benefit of owner and visitor. Licensees are entitled to intermediate protection. For example, property owners who invite their neighbors over for coffee need to warn the guests about any dangerous conditions the property owner is aware of or reasonably ought to be aware of. However, the average homeowner has no requirement to regularly inspect the property.
- Trespassers are people who come onto a property uninvited. If a property owner knows they are there, then the owner needs to warn the trespassers about certain grave dangers and major risks. Property owners cannot set traps for trespassers.
If you or a loved one is injured in an accident on another’s property, determining the obligation of the property owner is the first step toward making your claim for compensation. The attorneys at Shiner Law Group can assist in establishing the property owner’s legal obligations and liability.
Getting Legal Help After a Slip and Fall Accident at an Amusement Park
Property owners and renters in charge of maintenance can be held accountable for any injuries that occur due to their negligent failure to maintain the property. They can be liable for injuries from slip and fall or trip and fall accidents as well as accidents caused by debris falling onto a victim or injuries resulting from negligent security.
If you were injured in a slip and fall or other incident on someone’s property, you should be entitled to receive compensation for:
- All medical treatment costs arising from your injuries
- Any lost income that results from interference with your ability to work
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death including funeral costs and damages for lost companionship
The lawyers at Shiner Law Group have helped accident victims injured due to dangerous property conditions throughout Boca Raton. We have decades of experience representing injured victims and are eager to put our legal knowledge to work on your case.
Call or contact Shiner Law Group online today to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to hearing from you.