Have you Been Injured in an Accident in Belle Glade, Florida?
In the aftermath of an accident, the legal team at Shiner Law Group will be there for you, the lawyers will be on your side, they will guide you and help you navigate through this difficult process. After all, you may have seen one of our commercials or may have searched for an accident attorney near me and our team of personal injury lawyers firm came up in the search results. There is a reason for that. We are trusted by your neighbors and have the reputation and respect throughout Florida and locally in Belle Glade as being one of the top personal injury law firms near you.
Accidents can happen at any given time and in Belle Glade, Florida they do – from a car crash to a slip and fall. These types of injury cases may leave you with substantial medical expenses and future medical treatment that can cost tens of thousands of dollars in health care expenses. In Florida, we see approximately 30,000 traffic accidents each month, and according to the State of Florida’s Department of Motor Vehicle traffic crash database, some of these traffic crashes lead to serious injury and often times death to the drivers or passengers or others who were involved in the crash. As a matter of fact, due to the surrounding areas in Belle Glade often there are truck and/or 18 wheeler accidents often. If you or a loved one was involved in one of these tragic events look no further than our dedicated team of Belle Glade personal injury lawyers to seek advice and representation to ensure your rights are protected.
The personal injury attorneys at Shiner Law Group are dedicated to protecting your rights as a victim of an accident. Visit our website or call us today to discuss your accident with one of our dedicated local Belle Glade personal injury lawyers.
Traffic Accidents in Belle Glade
A majority of the personal injury cases in Belle Glade represent traffic accidents. Florida is a no-fault state, as a driver, you must be insured with Personal Injury Protection or PIP insurance, this insurance policy helps cover medical expenses, hospital bills, and costs not covered by your health insurance, it may also cover lost wages up to your coverage limits. However, PIP insurance does not cover damage to your vehicle or damages to other people’s property.
Florida mandates all licensed drivers to carry at least $10,000 in PIP coverage.
- Motor vehicle Accidents: Florida is one of the leading states in the country for motor vehicle traffic accidents. Some of these crashes leave drivers and passengers with catastrophic injuries or permanent disabilities and, in some cases, death. If you were involved in a car accident, speak with one of our expert car accident attorneys today.
- 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accidents: According to highway statistics, truck accidents are the single most deadly type of traffic accident on Florida roadways. In the US, there are over 50,000 traffic accidents involving large commercial vehicles with more than four wheels. Approximately 20% of these type of traffic accidents ends up in a wrongful death lawsuit. Shiner Law Group’s expert truck accident attorneys can help you recover the compensation for injuries sustained in a trucking accident.
- Motorcycle Collisions: Unfortunately, with Florida’s year-round beautiful weather, we see many motorcycle accidents which end up with severe or catastrophic injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, call the lawyers at Shiner Law group to discuss this life-altering event.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Accidents involving a motor vehicle and a pedestrian often occur in the Sunshine State for many different reasons, such as distracted drivers, drivers driving under the influence, poorly lighted roadways or parking lots, the constant construction in our area, or the lack of walkways. Shiner Law group lawyers are here to help you recover damages for injuries sustained due to negligent drivers. If you were injured due to the negligence of another driver (i.e., from a car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle), call the Shiner Law Group team to discuss the details of the accident with us.
If injured in an automobile accident, you will not be permitted to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at fault driver and would instead be required to rely on your own insurance policy to cover medical expenses and lost wages. But Florida State law does allow victims to present a civil claim after an automobile accident in which severe injury is sustained if the victim can prove catastrophic injury such as:
- Permanent disability
- Sever or permanent loss of bodily functions
- Series or permanent disfigurement or scarring, such as amputation
- Spinal Cord damage
- Traumatic Brain Injury or severe head trauma
Victims who may have suffered from any of these injures may recover additional damages which are not covered under their PIP insurance policies.
Additional Types of Personal Injury Accidents Commonly Identified in Belle Glade Florida
The Shiner Law Group has identified other major categories of personal injury commonly associated with those living, working or visiting Belle Glades, Florida, although not an extensive list, the personal injury categories detailed below may be helpful to those searching for a personal injury lawyer near you, if you do not see the injury detailed below, call our offices today and speak to one of our dedicated Belle Glade lawyers today.
- Slip and fall: Property owners and businesses owners located in and around Belle Glade have an obligation to maintain their properties, business, and facilities in a reasonably safe condition for workers, visitors, and consumers. As an example, floors and surrounding property must be well maintained to prevent hazardous situations such as slippery floors wet and slippery driveways and walkways, debris that can cause injury from a trip and fall. Owners of real estate property, business owners, real estate management companies and restaurants have a duty of care to ensure their workers and customers are safe from harm. If you are a private property owner and have a pool you are also required to protect visitors from harm and if you operate a public pool you also have an obligation to take appropriate safety measures. If you have been injured due to negligence caused by property owners or business owners, contact our Belle Glade Florida slip and fall lawyers or trip and fall lawyers to discuss your accident.
- Premises liability: Claims can include matters where a victim has been injured on the property of another. Typically, property owners or tenants have a duty of care to prevent injury on their property. Our experienced Belle Glade Florida Personal Injury lawyers have successfully represented those who have been injured by hazardous conditions, cases such as Slip & Fall, Drownings, poor security conditions, or animal attacks. Call the Lawyers at Shiner Law Group today to discuss your case with us.
- Dog bites or animal attacks: Pet owners have a responsibility to control and maintain their animals in order to keep others safe. Under Florida State Statutes, an animal owner is liable for any damages caused by their animal, regardless of prior behavior. It is necessary to prove a victim was lawfully permitted in the location at the time of the attack, because injuries sustained by trespassers may not be able to collect damages. The Belle Glade courts tend to be strict when assigning liability in these cases. If you have been injured in an animal attack that required medical treatment, you may have a personal injury claim; speak to one of our expert personal injury attorneys at Shiner Law Group in Belle Glade, Florida, to discuss this traumatic event and see if there is a relief for you and your family.
- Product Liability: As a consumer, you have a reasonable expectation to assume that a product you have purchased is safe for use; unfortunately, this is not always the case. Suppose you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous or defective product, then you may have a right to claim damages. The seller, manufacturer, distributor, or the inventor may be held liable if someone is injured using an unreasonably dangerous product or if they fail to provide proper warning labels or instructions for safe use of the product and can be held liable and pay damages in the event of injury. In order to present a successful legal claim, the victim must prove:
- There was actual loss suffered
- The product was defective
- The manufacturer, distributor, the seller knew or should have known the risks associated with the defective product and they failed to warn those injured
- The failure to warn was the proximate cause of the injuries sustained.
If you were injured by a defective product and contact the attorneys at Shiner Law Group in Belle Glade, Florida, to discuss your claims today.
- Wrongful death:In a wrongful death claim, the descendant’s estate, or the surviving family members or both have the ability to file a claim, however compensation to the survivors tend to be much more significant than that of the estate. Plaintiffs have the ability to seek damages for any of the following:
- Lost protection and support,
- Mental pain and suffering,
- Lost services and support,
- Medical expenses,
- Funeral expenses,
- Burial expenses, and
- Child’s loss of instruction, guidance, and companionship.
The plaintiffs in a wrongful death claim need to prove that the death was a direct result of negligence or recklessness of a third party. In Florida, wrongful death cases have almost doubled over the last few years, especially for cases involving traffic accidents. Our Belle Glade Florida Wrongful death lawyers today to discuss this life-changing event.
- Nursing home regulations: As most know, Florida has a large elderly population that is being cared for by long-term care facilities which have an obligation to provide proper and attentive care to those within their facilities. However, these nursing home facilities, do not always maintain the standard of care which is expected; unfortunately, when this occurs, we see signs of elder abuse. This abuse can be emotional or physical, one should be on the lookout for neglected care, bruised, beaten, and in some cases death through wrongful negligence. If your loved, living in one of these facilities, has been subjected to any form of negligence, contact one of our Belle Glade Florida nursing home abuse lawyers immediately.
- Medical malpractice and Medical Negligence: Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional or healthcare professional stays from the standard of care through negligence or omission, causing injury to their patient, typical errors maybe during the diagnosis process, treatment of the patient or in health management. Medical negligence is the substandard medical care provided by medical or health care professionals to the patient which directly caused injury or caused an existing medical condition to worsen, typically through misdiagnosis, improper treatment or surgical errors. The differences between the two are easily defined as in a medical malpractice case there is a breach in the duty of care by the professional, where the medical professional knowingly failed to follow through with proper standard of care whereby in a medical negligence case there is a clear mistake in the treatment of the patient which results in unintended harm. If you or a loved one is a victim of medical malpractice or medical negligence that was the result of a healthcare provider or doctor’s negligence, you may have the right to bring a legal case against the medical provider to recover damages under Florida law. Contact one of our attorneys at Shiner Law group to discuss your claim so we may assist in your recovery.
- Crashes and collisions between various objects: These types of accident crashes lead to injuries such as crushed limbs, amputations, cuts, aberrations, or lacerations. These injuries are known to cause severe pain and discomfort and may lead to significant medical bills, future medical treatments, and expenses in addition to long-term care. These are types of cases where someone may have dropped an item from their vehicle causing someone driving to hit it and either lose control or have serious property damage to their car which in turn can injure them. For instance, there are many produce and sugar companies in and around Belle Glade that operate tractor-trailers on a daily basis. It is not uncommon to have one of the many trucks that carry sugar supplies accidentally drop cargo or materials from their vehicle and causing an accident. In many of these cases, the items that fall off the trucks have to identify markings that allow investigators and our lawyers to track down the responsible parties that were negligent.
- Repetitive injuries (i.e., typing, sewing, throwing, or other activities that are repetitive): These injuries are typically sustained while on the job due to a repetitive task if you have been injured on the job you may be eligible for worker’s compensation against your employer if so call the lawyers at Shiner Law Group to discuss your situation with one of our expert personal injury lawyers. In many cases, people refer to these types of claims as workers’ compensation claims – also known as worker’s comp. If someone was hurt because of a worker’s comp case then they will typically make an insurance claim against the employer’s insurance carrier. If these types of injuries occur at work, then our team of workers comp attorneys can assist those injured in bringing their claims and getting the money they need, and helping them to win their case.
- Injuries from falling objects: Falling objects from buildings, construction sites, overpasses, parks, tree-covered streets, etc. occur daily, some may be hurt and killed by falling objects, such as tree limbs or building materials. Typically, they can cause brain injuries, broken bones, or neck injuries, and sometimes death.
- Inhalation of toxic or poisonous fumes and gases: In some instances, people inhale fumes from toxic gases or mold issues; our law firm handles these types of cases as well. In some of these cases, we have helped people who have worked near and around asbestos and formaldehyde. If you have been exposed to asbestos, you may be at risk to develop mesothelioma (also referred to as “meso”). Mesothelioma is a deadly form of lung cancer that is directly linked to exposure to asbestos. In addition, if you are exposed to formaldehyde or other types of pollution then you can potentially bring a claim as well for damages. Our expert injury lawyers can assist in providing you and your loved one’s guidance as to whether there are insurance claims that may be viable.
Our exceptional personal injury attorneys at Shiner Law Group, are experienced in dealing with the complex nature of the injuries listed above and most importantly in dealing with the insurance companies and the inevitable negotiations, the truth is you are not talking to and fighting with the insurance claim adjusters but with a team of insurance lawyers and experts whose only job is to protect the insurance companies and payout as little as possible.
Why take your chance in dealing with the insurance lawyers and their team, why waste your time on calls and aggravation when you should be working on your recovery. Hire the best, hire a group of dedicated attorneys who will work for you. The lawyers at Shiner Law Group understand the tactics employed by the insurance companies and their employees, we understand the strategies they deploy to avoid paying our those that are injured, we utilize our 20 years of experience and knowledge of their tactics and of Florida Law to fight for you and your rights, to ensure you are fairly treated and to recover financially after an automobile accent, truck crash, slip and fall or a trip and fall.
If you or a loved one has been injured or hurt in an accident due to the negligence of another, contact the personal injury lawyers at Shiner Law Group to see if you are entitled to compensation.
How to File a Belle Glade Florida Personal Injury Claim Against the Insurance Company
Our award-winning law firm has represented Belle Glade, Florida, accident victims, as well as their families for over 20 years in personal injury and wrongful death legal cases and we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
Our team at Shiner Law Group strongly believes that practicing law should be a service-oriented profession; You should not be just a name or number in our system, it is personal to us and personal to you; we strive to treat all our clients with the attention, respect, and the compassion they so truly deserve.
Our lawyers take pride in being a visible partner within our community, with giving back to our community and serving Belle Glade Florida with the highest standards of legal counsel. We are dedicated to our clients and their families, and we strive to provide five-star service to our clients within the Belle Glade community.
With that said, the Insurance companies are prepared for litigation by a team of adjusters, investigators, experts, and lawyers, providing an advantage over those who may be unrepresented. Which is why being represented by Shiner Law Group and our team of experts is important. We are the personal injuries with local offices near you and we will work diligently and ethically to make sure you have the best chances of winning your case and getting the money you deserve for your injuries. As we said before, this is why lawyers throughout the Florida and the entire United States constantly refer our team of trial lawyers their clients so we can get them justice and financial compensation.
The teams working for the insurance companies utilize a variety of legal strategies to help limit their liabilities, such as:
- Offer a settlement but demand you sign today, without the ability to read or think about the offer.
- Drag the litigation process, spend hours on the phone with you, force you to speak to multiple people and departments and wear you down just to force you to settle early and without full compensation.
- Misrepresent recorded statements from you to confuse the situation.
- Downplay the severity of the injuries sustained at the time of the accident.
- Rehash old injuries from previous accidents.
- Shift fault of the accident to you, the victim.
- Shift blame of the accident to you, the victim.
- Downplay or mislead victims regarding the amount of coverage available.
- Follow and surveil injury victims to ascertain the nature of your injuries.
- Pushing victims to settle and accept compensation without legal representation.
8 Common Injuries typically associated with Belle Glade Florida Personal Injury Claims
Our firm handles many types of personal injury claims for our clients. These personal injuries range from accident slip and fall to complex wrongful death legal cases. We have been able to track several of the most common types of injury claims which we have listed above, and the injuries associated with those claims, which are listed below.
- Muscle or tendon Sprains and ligament Strains and Tears – these painful injuries are most often associated with slip and fall or trip and fall accidents. Strains occur when a ligament in the body stretches or is torn. Sprains, while similar, affects tendons or muscles rather than a ligament.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – Often referred to as TBI, this is an injury that may be sustained during a traffic accident or a slip and fall accident. TBI injuries typically have extremely long recovery periods and often impair a victim’s brain function and adversely affecting the quality of life.
- Spinal Cord and Back Injury – These types of injuries can cause severe discomfort and pain. They sometimes result in paralysis or nerve damage and can affect the overall quality of life. Spinal cord injuries typically confine the injured patients to a bed or wheelchair.
- Neck Injuries – Neck injuries are common injuries sustained in traffic accidents, these types of injuries include cervical radiculopathy, whiplash, neck sprains, and more. Typically, the force of the traffic accident causes the head to snap back and forth which may cause severe headaches and other serious symptoms such as sore neck, neck stiffness, back pains, and dizziness.
- Broken Bones – Some accidents may result in broken bones which are painful and can take a month or two to recover, some victims recovering from broken bones may need additional medical treatment such as physical therapy, trigger point therapy and visits to the chiropractor to fully regain functionality.
- Chocking Injuries – in defective product cases victims may start to chock if small parts of a product get lodged in a child’s airways, if lodged in the victim’s throat for a prolonged period of time, severe injuries may occur. If the product does not have the required labeling or a proper label on the packages the manufacture may be held liable for these injuries.
- Burn Injuries – burns can occur in traffic accidents, on-the-job accidents, or even in defective product injuries. When a victim is burned in an accident or a product liability injury the victim may have extended hospital stays as well as extensive medical expenses. Additionally, there will be medical bills for future treatment which will need to be considered.
- Bedsores – bedsores are commonly seen in sustained nursing home negligent cases, or when the victim is unconscious for extended periods of time. When the victim is confined to a bed and does not have the proper care or the ability to move on their own bedsores become more prevalent. Medical personal is then required to help adjust the patient to prevent these types of injuries.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Belle Glade, Florida
If have been injured due to the negligence of a third party you may have certain rights and may be able to file a personal injury claim for damages. We have listed four common mistakes you should avoid if injured in an accident:
- Refusing Medical Attention – If you have been injured in a traffic accident or workplace accident, you need to immediately seek medical treatment. In many situations, your adrenaline has taken over and you may not feel the effects of the accident right away, in these situations, you tend not to feel any plain and believe you have not been injured. In other cases, it may take hours, days, or even weeks for the injuries to manifest. Just because you may believe you are feeling well and are not injured do not hesitate to reach out and see a medical professional who will be better able to diagnose any potential medical issues. In Florida, you have 14 days from the date of the traffic accident to seek medical care for your injuries before the insurance companies deny your claim. Our team of highly trained personal injury attorneys suggests that you seek medical treatment right after a traffic accident.
- Signing A Document without an Attorney Present – Insurance companies and insurance adjusters are NOT on your side. Do NOT sign any document they put in front of you without consulting with an attorney first, you may be giving up your rights without taking all factors into consideration. Their jobs are to protect the insurance company, our job is to protect you. To prevent this from occurring and to protect your rights, contact a personal injury attorney immediately to understand your rights.
- Leaving the Scene of the Accident – Do not ever leave the scene of a traffic accident you were involved in unless your injuries require immediate attention. It doesn’t matter how minor your injuries may be or how little damage there is, the worst thing you can do is to leave the scene of an accident; by doing so, you may lose your opportunity to obtain witness statements, obtain photos or videos of the accident scene and may miss the ability to file a police report. In some cases, leaving the scene early may be grounds for the insurance company to deny your claims.
- Not Hiring an attorney – another major mistake many victims involved in a traffic accident does is not hiring a personal injury attorney to protect their rights prior to filing a claim with their insurance company. Most reputable law firms offer a free consultation to help victims make a more informed decision. Call your friends at Shiner Law Group today to talk to one of our experienced personal injury lawyers and discuss your options.
Our team at Shiner Law Group has extensive knowledge and years of experience when it comes to personal injury law. Our team will fight for you, we understand the nuances needed to discuss your injuries with the insurance adjuster and the insurance companies, we understand the complex nature of these negotiations, and hiring a competent lawyer will increase your chances of winning your case. We are not intimidated by the big insurance companies and their team of lawyers. Why should you face the insurance companies lawyers alone when you can hire the best team of personal injury lawyers in Belle Glades, Florida.
Although you may feel comfortable representing yourself in an accident claim against the insurance companies for injuries sustained during a traffic accident or a slip and fall, these cases can be complex, and it is not advisable. Victims who hire lawyers to represent their claims are three times more likely to receive a more favorable settlement.
Being involved in a traffic crash or a trip and fall accident can be a trying time in a victim’s life. Dealing with insurance companies, possible loss of income as you recover, and your continued medical treatment can be time-consuming. The process is long and can be emotional and daunting for a victim. Therefore, the lawyers at Shiner Law Group are typically hired to help victims during this difficult time. We understand the emotional and financial hardships you are facing and this is why we are dedicated to building a positive client experience and providing 5-star service.
If you have been injured in an accident in Belle Glade, Florida, contact the personal injury attorneys at Shiner Law Group, today, to discuss your rights.
Types of Damages a victim may be able to receive in a Personal Injury Claim
Damages for personal injury cases can be classified into three categories, economic damages, non-economic damages, and punitive damages.
- Economic Damages
Economic damages are defined as economic losses sustained due to an injury, this may include damages from the time of the injury until fully recovered, and may include future losses if recovery is slow or impossible, these may include:
- Lost wages– from the time of the injury as well as future potential income
- Medical expenses, including hospital bills, surgeries, doctors’ visits, laboratory tests (blood, x-ray, MRIs, CT scans), physical therapy, chiropractic services. This will also include medical treatments received after the injury as well as future medical expenses which may be needed.
- Replacement value, this is for destroyed property or lost personal property as a result of the injury, this may include loss of appraised fair market value of any damaged real estate and diminished value.
- Repairs for damaged vehicles or property, including construction costs which include labor and overhead.
Economic damages will have a defined monetary value and are backed up with documentation such as receipts, repair records, medical records, and employment records.
- Noneconomic damages
Noneconomic damages are difficult to quantify and are subjective because they are not associated with a specific monetary value. These types of damages compensate the injured party for physical and emotional distress, and can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium (consortium is the deprivation of certain benefits caused by injuries in an accident)
- Quality of life
- Lost opportunity
- Mental anguish
- Punitive Damages
In some cases, an injured party may be eligible to claim punitive damages. Punitive damages are compensation that is not tied to any loss suffered but is designed to punish the defendant for their negligent behavior and serves as a potential deterrent to others. Punitive damages are available to those who were wronged by others as a result of the intentional conduct of the defendant.
Our Belle Glade personal injury lawyers at Shiner Law Group can evaluate your situation and help you determine if you may be entitled to damages.
Find a Belle Glade Personal Injury Attorney Near You
Our team of Belle Glade Lawyers understand why we are called so often when our neighbors in and around Belle Glade call us after they have been involved in an accident. We know that the victims need a voice, they may have seen our commercials, they may have seen our billboards, or our advertisement in local newspapers, or they may have searched for personal injury lawyers near me and we came up, or they may have been referred to us by a former or current client. If you have seen our 5-star google reviews online, there is a reason for that. It is because we are the trusted personal injury lawyers in Belle Glade, it is because we treat our clients like family because we care, and we work hard to earn our client’s trust and respect. When you call our firm you will speak to a lawyer, you are not a number, you are family.
Each accident case is unique and involves complex legal hurdles, we customize each case to the specific facts and circumstances and our representation is based on that as well as our knowledge of Florida laws. Our firm focuses on the client, helping each one depending on their circumstances to ensure their rights are protected and they get the just reward they so truly deserve as well as the medical care needed to recover.
Hiring A Belle Glade Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident because of the reckless, negligent, or intentional conduct of another party, call our team of personal injury attorneys at Shiner Law Group. Our team is committed to helping serve our clients and help victims recover the compensation they deserve for injuries sustained due to the negligent, reckless or intentional behavior of others, call us today at 561-777-7700 or go to our website for a free case evaluation and see how we can help. The Shiner Law Group represents victims in Belle Glade, Florida and throughout the surrounding counties to recover damages.