The Shiner Law Group has been practicing law in Florida for two decades. In that time, we’ve represented thousands of victims in the Boynton Beach area who have been injured in personal injury lawsuits. We work hard to get our clients the justice they deserve through personal injury settlements. If you need help following an accident speak with a Boynton Beach personal injury lawyer today to discuss your case details.
Were You Injured in an Accident in Boynton Beach?
The Boynton Beach population has steadily increased in recent years. The more people there are, the higher the risk of accidents. There are more drivers on the road, more people shopping in stores and more people going to the doctor. Accidents and crashes happen all the time. Check out these statistics:
- In 2017, there were 402,385 car accidents in the state of Florida. Of those accidents, 2,924 resulted in fatalities.
- 3,116 people passed away
- 254,310 people sustained injuries
- 20,380 people sustained disabling injuries
- Each year, 25,000 to 120,000 people pass away from medical malpractice.
- CDC records show that every year, 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs. Of those 4.5 million people, one in five requires medical attention.
- In nursing homes, one in six residents suffers from abuse or neglect. Senior residents suffering from abuse are 300 percent more likely to die within three years.
Did someone else’s negligence cause a personal injury? Are you unsure of what to do? It’s normal to be worried or scared about how to handle your situation. But a Boynton Beach personal injury attorney can help you. There are several steps you’ll need to take to file a personal injury claim and to handle the insurance company. The severity of your case will determine how complicated your lawsuit is. If your life has been drastically altered, it will be more complicated and take longer.
Does your personal injury involve ongoing medical treatment? What about hospitalization, physical therapy and medication? Are you permanently disabled? Are different aspects of your personal life affected? This could include changes to your career or relationships.
Now, we won’t claim that money will fix everything. Because it won’t. But financial compensation can help. It can cover medical bills and lost pay from work, while also covering your current expenses if you’re unable to work. With these factors involved, you’ll want to get an experienced Boynton Beach personal injury lawyer. An expert attorney will help you get all the compensation you deserve.
Cases Our Boynton Beach Personal Injury Lawyers Have Handle
There are tons of different reasons why people file lawsuits. But an expert attorney will represent specific types of cases that they know will win. These are the most common types of personal injury cases that attorneys represent.
Car accidents have been on the rise as Boynton Beach’s population has grown. Being in a car accident can have disastrous effects on you and your family. For example, there are approximately $900 in injuries for every person involved in a crash. No one ever wants or plans to be an accident, but they happen all the time. If you’ve been in one, contact The Shiner Law Group to speak with a Boynton Beach car accident attorney to discuss your accident details. We can help you.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Florida law states that property owners and employers must keep their properties safe. This includes caution signs for wet or slippery surfaces, dimly-lit areas and obstructions. Failure to do so could result in you getting hurt. Your injuries could be minor, like a sprain. But you could suffer from broken bones, trauma or ongoing neck and back pain. If you’ve been in an accident, contact The Shiner Law Group and speak with our Boynton Beach slip and fall lawyer today. You could be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries.
Most doctors provide excellent care for their patients. But in some cases, a doctor, nurse or other medical professional doesn’t do their job. Their failure to provide the proper standard of care could result in you getting hurt, ill, or even killed. Known as medical malpractice, this is a serious offense that should be handled as such. If you’ve dealt with medical practice in Boynton Beach, please contact The Shiner Law Group.
Certain standards must be met for a product to be safe. Products that don’t meet these standards are known as being “defective” or “malfunctioning.” Have you purchased a product like this? Did you get injured by it? A Boynton Beach product liability lawyer can meet with you to see if you should sue the manufacturer for your injuries. Not only would this be beneficial for you, but it would help prevent others from being injured by the same product.
If someone owns a pet, they’re responsible for properly training their animal so that it doesn’t hurt or attack anyone. This is true in Florida and most other places. Have you been attacked by someone’s pet? If it was bad enough to receive medical attention, then you could be entitled to compensation. Contact The Shiner Law Group today.
Did someone you know die because of someone else’s carelessness or negligence? Florida state law calls this “wrongful death.” If you believe someone close to you suffered from wrongful death, contact us. We can help you. Contact Shiner Law Group today and discuss your case for free with our Boynton Beach wrongful death lawyer.
Nursing Home Abuse
As our loved ones age and their need for care increases, it sometimes becomes necessary to place them in a nursing facility. Most of the time, excellent care is provided. However, there are instances where a professional caregiver will abuse a resident. This abuse could be physical, emotional or psychological. If your relative is a victim of nursing home abuse, contact The Shiner Law Group. Our Boynton Beach nursing home abuse lawyers will help you get the justice you deserve.
Types of Boynton Beach Personal Injuries
Now that we’ve covered the types of personal injuries that our attorneys represent, let’s discuss the most common forms of personal injury. Physical, psychological and emotional harm are all types of injuries for which you should be compensated.
- Sprains, Strains and Tears
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord and Back Injury
- Neck Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Burns and Choking Injuries
How to Choose Your Boynton Beach Personal Injury Attorney
There are over 130,000 attorneys in the United States alone. It can be hard to know where to look to find the right attorney to represent you. We recommend using the following criteria to narrow down your search:
- Areas of specialization
- Years of experience
- Winning records
- Free consultation
- Legal services offered on a contingency basis
The Shiner Law Group meets all of these criteria. If you’d like to meet with one of our attorneys, call us today or fill out the consultation request form on our website. It’s totally free.
Boynton Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Frequently Asked Questions
What is a personal injury lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit involves you filing a claim in court seeking monetary compensation for the incident in which you were involved. To file a personal injury lawsuit, you’ll need proof of the incident and of the monetary damages from which you’ve suffered.
It’s been a while since the accident. Can I still file a claim in civil court?
It depends on how long it’s been. Boynton Beach residents, tourists and visitors usually have four years from the date the incident occurred to file a claim. Having said that, statutory deadlines may vary.
- The deadline is two years if you were injured from a violent crime.
- The deadline is two or four years for defective medications or products.
- If your incident involved a government agency, the process is different.
Our lawyers can advise you regarding how long you have to file your claim.
What do I need to prove that a specific individual injured me?
- Show that the individual owed you “duty of care.”
- Show how the duty of care was violated.
- Show how that violation resulted in your injuries.
What can I be compensated for through my attorney?
Florida law will allow you to receive compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. Your damages are the injuries for which you’re being paid. Your economic damages include your medical expenses and loss of pay. Non-economic damages are for your pain and suffering.
Here are some examples:
- Medical costs
- Emergency treatment
- Ambulance transportation
- Diagnostic imaging tests
- Services provided by doctors and/or surgeons
- Physical therapy
- Assistive devices (wheelchair, crutches, prosthetic limbs)
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity if you suffer from a permanent disability
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- No longer enjoying life
I was in a car accident. Am I required to file a claim against my PIP policy?
Florida state law mandates that all drivers purchase a minimum of $10,000 in personal injury protection. This money is meant to cover medical expenses and lost wages. It doesn’t matter who was responsible for the accident.
What are punitive damages? Can I ask for them?
Punitive damages are damages meant to punish a defendant for egregious behavior. The following evidence must be shown:
- Intentional misconduct; the defendant knows that their conduct is wrong but continues anyway.
- Gross negligence; the defendant showed extreme recklessness and indifference to your safety.
What settlement can I expect in the Boynton Beach area?
We can’t provide a number in response to this question. Every case is unique with different factors. What we can provide are the factors that influence your case’s value.
- How much insurance the at-fault party carries
- The other party’s insurance policy is the source of your damages. How much insurance they have determines how much you’ll get. This is true in most cases. Your attorney will tell you if your case is different for some reason.
- How clear the liability is
- Your personal income
- Someone who works full-time in a successful career will receive more monetary damages than a teenager who doesn’t work.
- How patient you are
- It can take a long time for a case to be resolved. Because of this, your level of patience could determine how much you can receive. You’ll likely receive less if you want to settle as quickly as possible.
I got hurt at work. Can I sue my boss?
Your boss likely has workers’ compensation coverage for this very reason. It’s usually required by law. That compensation should cover your lost wages and medical expenses. You’ve likely signed paperwork agreeing to take the workers’ compensation instead of suing your boss.
Exceptions to this include:
- Being injured by an independent third party
- Being employed by someone who doesn’t have workers’ compensation coverage
- Being intentionally injured on the job
An attorney at The Shiner Law Group can help you if any of these exceptions apply to you.
I don’t have the money to hire an attorney. Can I file my own claim?
The short answer is yes. You can absolutely file your own claim. But we highly recommend hiring an attorney to guide you through the process. You’re more likely to recover your damages this way. We understand how stressful and scary the whole process can be. For this reason, The Shiner Law Group offers the following services:
- A free case evaluation
- We’ll go over all the details of your case with you for free.
- Payment on a contingency-fee-basis
- You don’t owe us anything until you collect your damages. You’ll pay us a percentage of your damages.
- A valuation of your case
- We’ll determine how much your case is worth.
- Determining every liable source and insurance resource from which damages can be obtained
- The other party could try to hide sources from you. We’ll uncover them.
- Skilled negotiation
- Our experts will work hard to get you everything you deserve.
- Filing everything on time
- Not only will we ensure that every necessary court document is filed on time, but we will attend every pre-trial conference and hearing with you.
- Help with the litigation process
- This includes your opening and closing arguments.
- Help to collect your damages
- Not sure how to collect your damages? Don’t worry. We’ve got your back.
The Shiner Law Group is your Boynton Beach personal injury lawyer near me. Please contact us to speak with a lawyer to discuss your case today if you’ve been injured and believe you have a personal injury case. Our attorneys will be happy to assist you as you pursue damages for your injuries, pain and suffering.