Port Saint Lucie Car Accident Lawyer
If you were involved in a car crash in Port St. Lucie, Florida then you need to make sure you follow very important steps and processes in order to best protect your interests. If you fail to protect yourself, then you could not only lose out on an ability to recovery the maximum value for your claim, but you could also potentially not have the ability to make a claim at all.
Over the past few decades Port St. Lucie has continued to grow in population. The year-round wonderful weather, proximity to the beach, good jobs, and affordable housing has made Port St. Lucie a hotspot for people who want to relocate. However, the influx of people moving to the city certainly has caused an increase in traffic accidents.
Port St. Lucie has a total population of nearly 198,000, people living within the city’s limits. And, an average median household income of a healthy $65,000.00, per year. With such a significant population and increasing traffic, car accidents have become more prevalent and occurring more often. In addition, originally the roads and streets originally built in Port St. Lucie were for a lesser amount of daily traffic. However, with the growing population, the cities roads need to be brought up to speed and made better to accommodate the increased traffic.
Importantly, if you were hurt in an accident in Port St. Lucie then you certainly should hire a local car accident lawyer in order to help you make the best insurance claim. The Shiner law Group has been providing legal services to the people of Port St. Lucie for decades and we have built a reputation in fighting to get our clients the money they deserve if they were injured in a car accident. Our firm has law offices locally throughout Florida including Port St. Lucie in order to best serve our clients. In fact, if you searched for a Port St. Lucie car accident lawyer near me it is most likely that our law firm came up near the top of the results because we are not only local, but have been working to get our clients who live in the area the best results for their case for years.
We want to be your Port Saint Lucie neighborhood lawyers. Call us today for a free consultation at 772-777-7700 or visit us at www.ShinerLawGroup.com
Were you injured in a Car Accident in Port St. Lucie?
Being injured in a car crash in Port Saint Lucie can be a very traumatic experience, an experience that you should not have to go through it alone. Additionally, car accidents can lead to significant injuries, lost wages, medical bills, and other significant damages. And, due to raising healthcare costs, etc. it is important to make sure you know your rights and what to do after you or your loved one were hurt in an automobile crash.
Our experienced car accident injury lawyers will listen to you and guide you through the next steps, all while making sure that any questions you may have – like what hospital in or around Port St. Lucie you should visit – will be handled personally by our dedicated legal staff. When you call our firm you will speak to an attorney, not a paralegal or a case manager or even a call center, with us you are not a number, you are our neighbor, and we care about our neighbors.
Victims of car accidents deserve to have legal representation on their side, our team want to earn your trust, call us today at 772-777-7700. Call our attorneys today to receive a free, no-obligation evaluation of your Port Saint Lucie car accident.
What hospitals to go to after you were involved in an accident in Port St. Lucie?
Port Saint Lucie is located on the Treasure Coast of St. Lucie County, where thousands of car accidents and related injuries occur every year. It is recommended that if you were hurt in a car accident that you immediately seek medical care and attention. In some cases, people will also seek medical help from a hospital after an accident. In turn, if you were injured you should also consider seeking medical care at a local Port St. Lucie hospital. In our practice, we have had many clients go to the local hospitals to get checked out and to make sure they are at least ok to leave the hospital and follow up with their primary care doctor.
What’s more, in some cases you may need to treat for your injuries at the local hospitals. The best local hospitals we have seen our clients treat at after a car accident are St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie Hospital, Clevland Clinic, Lawnwood Reginal Medical Center, and Martin Health Systems. Although there are other medical centers located throughout the local area that can provide immediate care for a traumatic injury, it is generally seen in our cases that if someone was hurt in Port St. Lucie that they would go to one of the aforementioned hospitals for medical treatment.
When you obey all of the laws, stop at stop signs, do not speed, utilize your indicators when turning and wearing your seatbelts, even when you take these precautions auto accidents can still occur. We understand that in many cases these crashes are not your fault, yet the financial and personal burdens you face will impact you and your family. And, in those cases immediate medical treatment at a medical center or surgical center – such as a hospital – is very important and can make the difference not only in a person’s health, but also in any potential recovery of money from the insurance carrier.
Medical expenses may be extraordinary, you may miss days of work during your recover and lose income associated with those days off, therapy could take months and sometimes years to recover and in severe auto accidents you may be permanently disabled. If you have been injured in a car accident caused by a negligent driver you may be entitled to damages, filing an automobile accident claim in Port Saint Lucie can be cumbersome, however, by partnering with an experience Port Saint Lucie lawyer can help finding justice so you can concentrate on your recovery. Let us advocate for you, the victim, call our team today to discuss your options.
What are some of the Common Causes of Car Crashes that happen in Port St. Lucie?
Each traffic accident is unique, no two car crashes are the same, some maybe simple bumper taps (fender benders) where there may be little to no damage and very little injuries, others may be catastrophic, however our experienced and dedicated team of lawyers has the ability to review every detail, negotiate with the insurance company and resolve your case.
Below are four of the more common causes of traffic accidents in Port Saint Lucie:
- Speeding: Negligent drivers fail to obey traffic safety rules, particularly posted speed limits, this causes unsafe driving conditions for themselves and others around them. We have seen that when drivers speed, they tend to lose control of their vehicles which leads to car crashes. Additionally, drivers and an inability to stop in time when needed. Speeding accidents lead to extensive damages to property and personal injuries. This is especially serious because, as mentioned before, the roads in Port St. Lucie may not have been developed to handle the increased car traffic, thus leading to more instances of accidents.
- Texting and Driving, Talking on the Phone and Distracted Driving:The State of Florida has a hand free law, this means drivers are not permitted to text and drive, surf on the internet while driving, be on your social media accounts when driving. In certain zones, such as construction zones and school zones you cannot even be holding your phone to talk while driving. Driving requires your full attention, being on your phone is known to cause one to be distracted and distracted driving can be fatal. Drivers need all of these senses to drive, including paying attention to your surroundings, keeping both hands on the road, staying of your phone and not playing with your radio and also not day dreaming or falling asleep. You need to maintain full attention in order to drive safely for yourself and for others as well.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Safety Laws: Failing to stop at a stop sign, running a traffic light, not using your indicators when turning, failing to yield to oncoming traffic, all may lead to unsafe driving conditions and may cause traffic accidents. We encourage all drivers to drive safely and take safe driving courses to learn the traffic safety laws before getting behind the wheel, follow the traffic safety laws of your state in order to avoid traffic accidents and know the roads around where you live and work to avoid driving mistakes and getting lost. It is important to note that local Port St. Lucie police officers are good at doing their job and will make sure that someone who is violating local traffic laws will be ticketed or held accountable. However, it is up to the drivers to make sure they understand the laws and do not violate local Port St. Lucie traffic rules.
- Driving Under the Influence: of Alcohol and drugs, we have seen that intoxicated drivers are more likely to cause traffic accidents which place their lives and those around them, including their passengers at greater risk. Avoiding drinking and driving or driving under the influence of drugs and prescription medication is essential to keeping the roads safe.
Although this is not an exhaustive list of common causes of traffic accidents, these are the more prevalent causes we see most often in in Port Saint Lucie. Other causes of car crashes may involve bad weather, hazardous road conditions, or loose animals that run into the street unexpectedly forcing drivers to slow down quickly or swerve to miss the animals.
There are many different factors which may contribute to a traffic accident and it sometimes can be difficult to determine if a situation qualifies for damages, that is why we recommend that the easiest and best way to verify your accident may be eligible for a claim is to call our office and speak to one of our attorneys today.
Why should you hire a local lawyer to help you with your insurance claim in Port St. Lucie?
After being injured in a traffic accident you may have lost wages, medical expenses, property damage and uncertainly about your future, you are also wondering how you will put food on your table, to feed your family, and how will you be able to drive your child to school. A local Port St. Lucie car accident lawyer will be able to guide you through the process and help you best protect your interests against the other person’s car insurance company.
Especially after an accident, you may be under a greater deal of stress than normal; you may be frustrated besides being worried about all of the things mentioned above you will be seeing medical professionals to treat your injuries and then on top of all this you need to deal with the insurance companies.
If you were hurt because someone violated the right of way on one of the many roads in Port St. Lucie, then you need to worry about your recovery and getting back on your feet, allow our firm to handle the insurance claims, deal with the adjusters and negotiate with the insurance carriers. Car insurance carriers are not in the business of protecting the other person, they are in the business of protecting their own insured and their stock holders.
As a victim you will have medical expenses and property damages as well as lost wages, if you were out an extended amount of time trying to recover from your injuries. And, in today’s climate, it is important that you can keep your job and make sure you do not have significant lost wages since Port St. Lucie, like other parts of Florida, may have limitations on people getting new jobs, especially if someone was hurt after an accident. These injuries and damages will extend into the future, a successful car accident lawyer will understand these financial hardships and will be able to explain and detail these claims to the insurance companies as well as to the third parties so you, the victim, will be compensated for your injures.
We encourage you to call us and allow us to worry about getting you the just compensation you deserve. We will deal with the insurance companies and other third parties to seek damages on your behalf. That is our job, let us work for you.
In addition to the need for financial compensation, some victims also choose to exercise their right to file a claim in hopes of holding the negligent party responsible for the accident, which is why our team is ready to help you today.
Filing the claim forces the negligent party to come face-to-face with the results of their actions. In addition, because of the attention these cases receive, filing a car accident claim may even serve to protect others from becoming car accident victims in the future by encouraging safer driving behaviors.
What Factors Can Affect Car Accident Claims
Traffic accident claims in Florida can be extremely complex, each one is unique, and may be affected by various factors. We recommend learning about these factors in advance, so you understand what to expect during your case. However, getting into a crash anywhere in Florida, and especially Prot St. Lucie, means that you need to act quickly in order to make sure the factors needed to be proved in your case are established and documented.
Port Saint Lucie traffic accident factors you should know before you bring your traffic accident case:
- Florida’s statute of limitations: The statute of limitations is a legal requirement that may restrict your ability to collect compensation after being injured in a car accident. If you fail to file your claim before the statute of limitations expires, you may not be able to pursue a settlement.
- Negligence: In Florida, you cannot file a successful car accident claim unless you are able to show that negligence was a factor in the crash, which means you will be required to prove that the at fault party or a third party was careless, acted with malice or recklessness. If someone was negligent while driving in and about of the city limits of Port St. Lucie then that person would also be sued in that local jurisdiction.
- Documentation: Once you can prove negligence, the next step, in order to recover damages, would be to show the effects of the car crash such as your injuries, property damage, and lost wages. In order to do so you must be able to document these damages. For property damages this can be shown in repair costs, for injuries you would be required to show medical invoices and continued medical treatments and for lost wages, pay stubs or employment records which detail your absences from work. For this reason, we ask that you keep detailed records of your injuries, doctor visits, medical treatments, invoices from each visit, repair costs etc.
Typical damages you can recover if negligence is proven:
- Medical expenses: After a traffic crash, those injured usually need medical attention, as a result if properly documented, compensation for your injuries will typically be included in the settlement discussions and finally When car accidents result in the need for medical care, compensation will be included in the settlement. When the team at Shiner Law Group negotiate a settlement, we will include medical expenses that cover past and future estimated expenses. Again, in many cases people who were hurt after a crash in Port St. Lucie will need to go to one of the many local hospitals such as Clevland Clinic, Traditions Hospital, St. Lucie Medical Center, or Port St. Lucie Hospital. If you happen to go to one of these hospitals after a crash then our personal injury lawyers will help you negotiate your medical bills after the case is over in an attempt to get you the most amount of money you deserve.
- Compensation for suffering: In most negligent traffic crashes, the victims may suffer from physical injuries and emotional stress, and in many cases, they may experience psychological and emotional trauma, a loss of enjoyment of life, and other intangible losses. Our settlements will typically include damages designed to compensate for these losses.
- Lost wages: Traffic accident victims often miss work because of their injuries. In some cases, the victim may even be permanently disabled and may be unable to return to work. When working with the law firm representing you make sure the settlement amount being negotiated include damages for lost wages and lost earning potential.
- If the at fault party who caused the accident was malicious or extremely negligent, car accident settlements may also include punitive damages.
Do you need help filing an Insurance Claim for a Car Accident that happened in Port St. Lucie?
If you need legal help because you were hurt as a result of someone else’s negligence and that accident occurred in Port St. Lucie or the surrounding local areas, then please give our team of injury lawyers a call to discuss your rights, how you can get justice, and to discuss how much money your case may be worth. If you have been injured in a car accident in Port Saint Lucie, and are looking to speak to a dedicated personal injury attorney about your traffic crash, contact our team of personal injury lawyers today at 772-777-7700 or visit our website to learn more ta www.ShinerLawGroup.com
“Hiring this firm to represent me in my auto accident was the best decision I made. The combination of Excellence, Professionalism and Efficient team. They were always very cordial with all my questions and I am very grateful to them for guiding me and keeping me informed throughout the process. I 100% recommended them to anyone!” Amanda L.
Client Review: 5/5
Check out some more reviews on Google!
100% Free Case Evaluation
Fill out the form below or call. We’re available 24/7.