Were you recently injured in a car accident in Jupiter, FL? Our experienced Jupiter car accident lawyers at Shiner Law Group are ready to help fight for your legal rights and get the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (561) 777-7700 to speak with an attorney for a 100% free consultation.
You may be entitled to seek compensation for medical bills, loss of income, pain, and suffering, and more. Contact our Jupiter, FL law offices to discuss the legal options that might be available to you following your car accident. The next steps are very important. Let Shiner Law Group help you with your car accident case today.
Were You Involved in a Car Accident in Jupiter?
If you were recently injured in a car accident in Jupiter, Florida, because of someone else’s negligence, it’s crucial to obtain competent legal representation as quickly as possible. Given the complexities of personal injury law and the many variables that come into play during an automobile accident and its aftermath, it’s vital to have a skilled and experienced Jupiter car accident lawyer by your side. Shiner Law Group is here to help.
When injured in a car crash in Florida, the next steps you take are critical. One of the first should be contacting an experienced Jupiter personal injury lawyer. Shiner Law Group specializes in protecting the rights of Jupiter car accident victims and helping them obtain maximum compensation for things like medical bills, loss of income, property damage and pain and suffering.
Contact Shiner Law Group today at (561) 777-7700 to discuss the legal options that are available to you. Our team will aggressively work to protect your rights and seek and obtain the maximum compensation to which you are entitled by law.
How to Find a Jupiter Auto Accident Lawyer Near Me
In the immediate aftermath of a car accident, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed and unsure about where to turn for help. However, you are not alone. Shiner Law Group understands the severe consequences of being involved in a car crash, including the physical, emotional, financial and collateral impacts that go along with it. Our firm holds numerous state and national awards, and our attorneys provide personalized attention to every client to ensure optimal results.
As one of the most populous states in the country, Florida typically ranks in the top five for car accidents in the U.S. Five of the 15 most dangerous cities for driving are located in the Sunshine State. Sadly, car accident fatalities have been increasing across the nation in recent years. In 2018, 40,000 people across the country died in auto accidents. Since 2014, Florida saw the third-largest increase in traffic accident deaths, which rose by nearly 6% during that time. Although car accidents happen for many reasons, negligence of some kind is typically to blame.
Since serious car crashes are a common occurrence in and around Jupiter – and typically happen because of other people’s negligence – it pays to have a skilled personal injury lawyer by your side if you are injured in one. Shiner Law Group is uniquely qualified to help you protect your rights and obtain compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, pain and suffering and more.
Types of Jupiter Auto Accidents
Car accidents in Jupiter occur in several different ways. Some of the most common examples include the following:
- Side-Impact Accidents – Also known as T-bone accidents, these crashes usually involve one driver making a left turn while the other runs the light or stop sign.
- Head-On Crashes – Head-on collisions commonly occur when someone crosses out of their lane into oncoming traffic. They also happen when a driver travels in the wrong direction on a roadway.
- Rear-End Accidents – Rear-end car accidents happen when a driver crashes into the car in front of them. This usually happens when the driver is distracted or following too close, which is also referred to as tailgating.
- Rollover Accidents – Although fairly uncommon, rollover accidents account for a disproportionate number of serious accidents and major injuries. They happen for various reasons, but reckless driving is usually involved.
Top Causes of Jupiter Auto Accidents
Car accidents in Jupiter happen for many reasons, as any Jupiter auto accident attorney can tell you. Almost all of them involve negligence of some kind. Examples include the following:
- Distracted Driving – Safe driving requires mental focus, manual dexterity, visual acuity and the ability to pay attention to your surroundings. If a driver’s eyes leave the road even for a second or two, or if they take their hands from the wheel even briefly, they are distracted. A driver may also be distracted by their thoughts or by noise in their immediate environment – for instance, a radio playing too loudly.
- Reckless Driving and Speeding – Reckless driving happens when a driver consciously doesn’t account for the safety of others on the road. Speeding is the most common form of reckless driving. Still, other examples include changing lanes rapidly or repeatedly, failing to use turn signals, ignoring traffic signals and signs, driving on the shoulder, tailgating other drivers and operating an unsafe vehicle.
- Driving Under the Influence – Sadly, drunk driving and driving under the influence of other substances continues to be a huge problem in Jupiter. While under the influence of alcohol, a driver has reduced depth perception, peripheral vision, judgment and reasoning. Their reflexes are impaired, resulting in reduced reaction times. It is estimated that more than 25% of all car crashes involve alcohol impairment, and more than 800 people per day are injured in such accidents. A driver may also be under the influence of prescription and over-the-counter medications, including stimulants, allergy medications, pain relievers, sleeping pills, antidepressants and weight loss pills.
- Fatigued Driving – Polls have shown that up to half of all drivers are guilty of operating motor vehicles while tired from time to time. Driving while fatigued has many of the same symptoms as driving while impaired, including reduced reaction time, impaired decision-making, and reduced coordination. Nodding off for even a second while behind the wheel can cause the vehicle to drift out of its lane, causing a head-on collision or other accident.
- Aggressive Driving and Road Rage – Road rage is an all-too-common issue across the state of Florida. Nearly everyone experiences it at some point. If you find yourself on the road near an aggressive driver, recognize the issue and stay calm. Don’t resort to retaliatory gestures like honking your horn or slamming your brakes. If possible, move over to let the driver pass. Otherwise, maintain as safe a distance as you can.
- Medical Conditions – Medical conditions are often contributory factors in Jupiter auto accidents. These conditions include narcolepsy, seizures, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension, reactions to medication, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- Vehicle Defects – Car accidents sometimes happen because of vehicle defects involving faulty brake systems, steering wheels, airbags, tires, and gas tanks.
- Environmental and Infrastructural Factors – Bad weather often contributes to car accidents in Jupiter, where sudden thunderstorms, high winds and other issues can flare up quickly. Issues with road infrastructure may also be to blame, including things like construction zones, hazardous or missing road signs, insufficient road maintenance, missing or broken guardrails and obstructed roadways or intersections.
- Driver Assistance Technology – Although it’s designed to make driving safer, driver assistance technology often causes confusion behind the wheel – especially among elderly drivers and those who haven’t received proper training. Ironically, safety features like lane departure warnings and automatic braking can be the root cause of many Jupiter car accidents.
- Out-of-State Drivers – Since many people flock to Florida for vacation, Jupiter drivers often share the road with people unfamiliar with the area. People from out of the area may drive the wrong way on a major road or become distracted while trying to follow directions from their GPS or driving app.
Florida Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Claims
After being injured in a car accident in Jupiter, you have a limited timeframe in which to file a claim and get compensated for your damages. From the date of the incident, the Florida Statute of Limitations states you have four years to do so. However, the sooner you do, the better. A skilled Jupiter auto accident attorney at Shiner Law Group can help make the process as efficient and straightforward for you as possible.
Proving Negligence in Jupiter Auto Accidents
Any personal injury claim in the state of Florida hinges on being able to prove that another party’s negligence caused the accident. Our Jupiter car accident lawyers can determine whether or not your situation involves provable negligence. For a claim to succeed, the following must be shown:
- The other driver had a duty to operate their motor vehicle safely.
- The other driver ignored this duty.
- The other driver’s breach of duty caused the accident.
- The accident caused verifiable injuries and other losses.
Pursuing Compensation for Jupiter Auto Accidents
As a result of a car accident, victims may be left permanently disabled or even lose their lives. Common injuries that occur because of Jupiter car crashes include the following:
- whiplash injuries
- traumatic brain injuries
- head and neck injuries
- spinal cord injuries that render the victim paraplegic or quadriplegic
- internal organ injuries
- broken bones and compound fractures
- dislocations and injuries to the joints
- wrongful death
Understanding Personal Injury Protection Coverage
As a no-fault insurance state, Florida requires all drivers to carry personal injury protection, or PIP, insurance. This insurance can be used to pay for medical expenses without having to wait for a case to be settled in court. Unfortunately, many drivers only carry the minimum amount of coverage — $10,000 – which often falls far short of the expenses the victim has incurred.
Dealing with Insurance Adjusters After a Jupiter Auto Accident
Car insurance companies employ adjusters whose primary goal is to keep the company’s costs to a minimum. Since adjusters work for insurance companies, they are not on your side. They will deploy a range of self-serving tactics to prevent you from obtaining the full compensation that you are owed. Hiring a Jupiter auto accident lawyer is the best way to handle this issue.
Never speak to an insurance adjuster before consulting a Jupiter car accident attorney. Especially if their client was driving negligently, an adjuster might show up at the accident scene to head off expensive claims. They’ll ask you if you are okay and otherwise feign concern, but don’t fall for it. Stay silent until you have a personal injury lawyer from Shiner Law Group at your side.
Tactics employed by insurance adjusters following Jupiter auto accidents include the following:
- making a quick, lowball settlement offer
- checking your social media posts to disprove your claims
- failing to conduct their investigation promptly
- delaying communication with you
- shifting some or all of the blame for the accident onto you, the plaintiff
- trying to disprove your injuries
Jupiter Auto Accidents Have Physical, Financial, Emotional and Collateral Consequences
The impacts of being injured in a Jupiter car accident are extensive and can severely impact your quality of life, which is why it’s so crucial to contact a Jupiter auto accident attorney right away. Victims often incur serious injuries, even if they aren’t apparent right away. For example, a seemingly innocuous laceration can develop into a severe infection. Injuries like whiplash may not be detected for days or even weeks. Multiple injuries may be involved, including the following:
- brain and spinal cord injuries
- facial scarring
- internal bleeding
Victims of Jupiter auto accidents also often experience serious financial consequences. According to the National Safety Council, auto accidents caused more than $1,697.9 billion in financial damages in 2019 alone. People injured in car accidents often face lost wages, medical bills, property damages like totaled cars and other financial issues.
A skilled Jupiter car accident lawyer can also help you with the emotional costs that often go along with being injured in an auto accident. Such incidents often cause major psychological trauma in victims, who often experience the following issues:
- panic attacks
- personality changes
- flashbacks and other symptoms of PTSD, post-traumatic stress disorder
- sleep disturbances
- loss of interest in regular activities
- mood swings
When you’re involved in an auto accident in Jupiter, you may also face various collateral damages, which may include the following:
- bankruptcy or foreclosure
- permanent lifestyle changes
- loss of normalcy
- reduced credit rating
- loss of professional relationships
- inability to resume former line of work
- higher insurance rates
Avoidable Jupiter Auto Accidents
At Shiner Law Group, many of the cases we handle involve car accidents caused by completely preventable driving practices. Examples of such practices include the following:
- distracted driving
- failure to yield or observe right-of-way laws
- driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- using a cellphone
- running a red light or stop sign
- speeding or driving too fast for road or weather conditions
- aggressive driving and road rage
Hiring a Jupiter Car Accident Attorney
While recovering from a car accident in Jupiter, Florida, you’ll face some pretty daunting challenges. It will feel like life will never return to normal again. As overwhelmed as you may feel, it’s vital to call personal injury attorney David Shiner right away. Shiner Law Group aggressively pursues maximum compensation for our clients who have been injured in car accidents due to other people’s negligence. Our firm can help you recover damages for the following losses and more:
- property damage
- lost wages
- diminished earning capacity
- punitive damages, especially when reckless behavior is involved
- medical expenses
- loss of consortium
- funeral and burial expenses in the case of wrongful death
Speaking to a Jupiter Car Accident Lawyer Near Me
The trial lawyers at Shiner Law Group have many years of experience regarding car accident claims. When you hire us, you can ensure that our team will thoroughly investigate the matter and employ innovative strategies, including skillful negotiation and superior advocacy, to ensure an optimal outcome. Contact us today at (561) 777-7700 to schedule a free case review or fill out our free online consultation request.