Were you recently injured in a car accident in Wellington, Florida? Our experienced Wellington car accident lawyers at Shiner Law Group are ready to help fight for your legal rights and get the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (561) 777-7700 to speak with an attorney for a 100% free consultation.
You may be entitled to seek compensation for medical bills, loss of income, pain, and suffering, and more. Contact our Wellington law offices to discuss the legal options that might be available to you following your car accident. The next steps are very important. Let Shiner Law Group help you with your car accident case today.
Were You Injured In A Car Accident In Wellington?
Car accidents are a common occurrence in Wellington. In fact, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were over 570 car accidents in Wellington in 2014. That said, car accidents can be life-changing. If you or your loved one has sustained an injury in a Wellington car accident, you should hire the best Wellington car accident lawyer to help you understand your legal rights and litigate a fair compensation. Wellington personal injury attorney David Shiner and his team of expert attorneys represent car accident victims who sustain injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence.
Suppose you’ve sustained an injury, reach out to our personal injury firm for a free consultation. Our lawyers can help you seek medical attention, collect medical records and bills, and other crucial information to help support your car accident claim.
Causes of Wellington Car Accidents
Numerous drivers act negligently while behind the wheels, thereby causing car accidents. The most common causes of Wellington car accidents include:
- Drunk Under the Influence of Drugs: DUI driving is one of the most reckless actions that motorists engage in, and it usually results in thousands of injuries and fatalities annually.
- Distracted Driving: Whereas Florida has laws prohibiting texting while driving, not all motorists heed these laws. Loud music, eating, grooming, and rowdy passengers are just among the other types of distractions that can result in accidents.
- Aggressive driving: Weaving in and out of lanes, tailgating, and trying to intimidate other drivers are among the common aggressive driving that causes accidents.
- Defective vehicle parts: Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure that all their products are safe to use. Auto manufacturers who fail to meet their duty of care in these situations may face liability suppose a defective auto part causes an accident.
- Violation of traffic laws: When drivers fail to comply with traffic rules, they are deemed negligent per se and can be held liable for causing a car accident.
What Should You Do After Getting Involved in a Car Accident in Wellington?
- After a car accident has happened, your first concern should be to summon law enforcement and/or emergency medical care. Whereas you may seem unscathed after being involved in a car accident, don’t refuse medical care. Let the healthcare providers ascertain that you are, in fact, okay.
- Don’t accept compensation from your insurance company or from the negligent party without first having an attorney review the car accident. Settlement payments often promise quick payment to the accident victim but usually require that the victim waive some rights. A car accident lawyer can help you decide if a given settlement is in your best interest.
Liability for a Car Accident in Wellington
In most U.S states, drivers who caused an accident are responsible for paying the damages. This isn’t always the case in Florida—this state maintains a mandatory no-fault policy. All drivers are required to carry a (PIP) Personal Injury Protection coverage that pays for the injuries they suffer when involved in an accident and the injuries of the passengers in their vehicle regardless of whose fault it was that the accident occurred. This means that even if you caused a car accident, you could turn to your PIP for coverage.
That said, PIP coverage doesn’t always suffice to pay the full damages suffered by the accident victims. When the threshold for serious injury is met in Florida, a car accident victim can step outside of the no-fault system and file a claim for damages against the negligent driver.
Liability for damages is often based on negligence (the failure to exercise the degree of care required).
What Damages are Recoverable in a Wellington Car Accident?
In case you win a car accident lawsuit, you may receive a financial settlement. The specific amount and the details of your financial compensation will depend on your accident and the circumstances surrounding your case.
Nonetheless, you may have a rough idea of what benefits you’ll receive based on the following damages that are usually included in Wellington car accident settlements:
- Medical Payments: These typically include payment for past expenses and any future medical expenses.
- Lost Wages: These include the wages you have already lost, as well as the compensation for the wages that you’re expected to lose because your injuries bar you from returning to work.
- Damages related to the pain and suffering that you’re undergoing due to the injuries you sustained from the car accident.
- Other non-economic losses
What are Options for Claiming Compensation After a Wellington Car Accident?
Recovering the compensation after getting injured in a Wellington car accident is sometimes a complex process, given that Florida law has several different law requirements depending that all depend on the facts of the case. Here are some options for claiming compensation after a car accident:
- PPI Auto Insurance: According to Florida’s no-fault auto insurance laws, you need to file a claim with your insurance company after an accident. You are required to file this type of claim regardless of who is at fault. This is typically your first option for recovering compensation.
- Filing an Insurance Claim against the Negligent Driver: If another driver’s negligence caused the accident and you sustained an injury that meets the state’s threshold for a serious injury, you can file a personal injury claim with the negligent driver’s insurance company.
- Filing a Lawsuit against the Other Driver: If you sustain severe injuries following a car accident in Wellington, you may be able to file a lawsuit directly against the negligent driver.
Important Things to Consider After a Wellington a Car Accident
If you were involved in a car accident, having witnesses who can accurately testify as to how the crash happened can be instrumental in strengthening your case.
Of course, one of the most critical steps to take after a car accident is to contact an experienced and skilled Wellington car accident law firm such as Shiner Law Group for guidance on the best legal action. The team of lawyers at Shiner Law Group can closely review the circumstances surrounding your accident as well as how serious your injuries are and advise you on how your case may proceed.
Suppose a claim is submitted to your insurance company; we can help ensure that your claim is processed and paid quickly. In case you suffer serious injuries, we will help you in filing and succeeding in your Wellington car accident lawsuit.
Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Seeking the services of a car accident attorney is highly recommended. An experienced lawyer will assist you with your case preparation and help you build a strong case against the negligent driver.
A professional car accident attorney will use expert judgment to determine how to proceed with your case. Moreover, a car accident lawyer will help you meet all your legal obligations and the formalities for filing a lawsuit. You’ll save a lot of hassle and time when you hire a skilled attorney to represent you in a car crash case.
When Should You Reach Out to an Attorney?
You should consider getting in touch with an attorney soon after an accident. Your attorney will guide you on the right steps to take when seeking compensation from the at-fault driver. Ensure that you contact an attorney within the time limit mentioned in the statute of limitation. According to Florida statutes, you are allowed to file a car accident lawsuit within four years of the accident.
What Fees Do Car Accident Lawyer Charge?
Car accident attorneys in Wellington are limited by law on how much they can charge to represent someone. In fact, all car accident lawyers in Florida have a limitation on how much fee they can charge if they work on a contingency basis. In general, the Florida bar limits the amount an attorney can charge to a third of any recovery up to one million dollars prior to the filling of the lawsuit. After a lawsuit has been filed, an attorney can charge 40% of the gross recovery regardless of whether that came from the settlement or the trial.
Searching For a Wellington Car Accident Attorney Near Me
Having represented personal injury victims in Wellington, Florida, for several years, our law firm has a proven result-oriented strategy to overcome the tactics used by insurance companies and get you the maximum compensation you deserve. Did you search for a Wellington car accident lawyer near me? If so, look no further than Shiner Law Group. Our skilled trial lawyers are conversant with the best ways of handling personal injury cases.
At Shiner Law Group, our personal injury lawyers will provide you with a free consultation to discuss the way forward for your car accident case. With us, you can rest easy knowing that we will fight you from the beginning to the end so that you can get maximum compensation for the damages you suffered.
Speak to a Wellington Car Accident Attorney Today
At Shiner Law Group, our skilled and committed attorneys will guide you on the best way to proceed with your case so that you can get the maximum settlement. Contact us today for a free case review.