FORT LAUDERDALE CRUISE SHIP ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Were You Injured in an Accident on a Cruise Ship?
Shiner Law Group has experienced cruise ship accident attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to serve you and your family after an accident. When you’re vacationing around Fort Lauderdale, out on the beautiful coastal waters, a ship accident is probably the furthest thing from your mind. But injuries aboard cruise ships do happen, and pursuing a claim is usually far more challenging than the average personal injury claim. That’s why you need the best possible representation.
Causes of Cruise Ship Accidents
Out at sea on a massive ship, a number of things can go wrong. In our practice, we have found many cruise accidents are caused by one or more of the following:
- Poor navigation
- Failure to maintain safe common areas (such as keeping decks clear and dry)
- Failure to perform adequate ship inspection or maintenance
- Mechanical malfunction
- Contaminated food
Types of Cruise Ship Accidents
At Shiner Law Group, we review a variety of cruise ship cases. Most frequently, cruise accidents in and around Fort Lauderdale involve:
- Running aground
- Ship collisions (with other vessels or objects)
- Slip and fall accidents
- Food poisoning
- Cargo or equipment impacts
Catastrophic Injuries Aboard Cruise Ships
A catastrophic injury significantly changes a person’s quality of life, affecting one’s ability to work and carry out simple activities of daily living, such as dressing, bathing, and eating. Catastrophic injuries from cruise ship accidents can include:
- Loss of a limb or amputation
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Vision loss or eye injuries
- Severe burns
When an injury of this magnitude occurs, the pain, suffering, and financial consequences can be overwhelming. While it is impossible to ever replace exactly what was lost, our attorneys work diligently to provide clients with the compensation they need for a new start.
Wrongful Death Accidents on Cruise Ships
The most serious cruise accidents result in death, leaving family members behind to pick up the pieces. Death cases are generally complicated because they can entail two distinct types of claims to be filed by different parties.
- Frequently referred to as a “survivorship” claim, the first type of case is filed by the personal representative of the decedent’s estate. This claim seeks to recover damages suffered by the decedent, including lost earnings and medical bills.
- The second type of case is a wrongful death claim, which is filed by a surviving member of the decedent’s family (typically a spouse or child). This claim seeks to recover damages suffered by the decedent’s family, including mental pain and suffering, loss of support, and funeral costs.
We understand the turmoil of losing a loved one, and we work tirelessly to bring the family members justice while helping them reclaim the financial stability that is so often shaken in these tragic cases.
In all cruise ship cases, regardless of the severity of an injury, the legal landscape is extraordinarily complex because of ticket purchase waivers and maritime law considerations, as well as the fact many accidents occur in international waters. It can be extremely difficult to determine how to pursue a claim and what laws apply. In these circumstances, you need knowledgeable, qualified attorneys fighting for your rights.
Speak With A Cruise Ship Accident Injury Lawyer Today
Shiner Law Group’s award-winning firm is committed to achieving the best results for our clients. We are standing by to help, starting with an attorney consultation at no cost to you. If you have or a loved one has been injured in an Fort Lauderdale cruise ship accident, call our offices today at (954) 999-9900 to set up your free accident case consultation.