Is it worth getting an attorney for a car accident? Who will pay for my medical bills? How much money is my car accident case worth?
Dealing with insurance stuff, medical bills, and all the legal stuff can be a total headache, especially if you’re hurt. It’s easy to feel lost and unsure about what to do next.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We break down all the important things to think about when deciding whether you’re hiring a lawyer after a car accident case.
We’ll help you figure out what’s best for you during this tough time.
Table Of Contents
- Is it worth getting an attorney for a car accident?
- Why exactly is it worth hiring an attorney for a car accident?
- Are personal injury attorneys worth it? Contact us and find out
- Steps to take after the accident…
- Should I get a lawyer after a car accident? Key takeaways
Is it worth getting an attorney for a car accident?
Yes, it’s definitely worth getting an attorney after a car accident. A good car accident attorney can handle all the legal complexities, deal with an insurance company, and make sure you get the compensation you’re entitled to, safeguarding your rights throughout the process.
If you’re in Florida and already need the assistance of a car accident lawyer, contact us today for a free consultation
No Win No Fee Promise. Call us today (800) 364-4444.
Why exactly is it worth hiring an attorney for a car accident?
When you’re involved in a serious car accident, taking the next steps after an accident without an accident lawyer on your side can be invaluable.
These are the main reasons why seeking legal representation is crucial in such situations:
Identifying recoverable damages
After the circumstances of your accident, with everything going on, researching what damages you can claim for the different car accident causes can be a huge effort.
Whether it’s damage to your property, medical bills, earning capacity, or the non-economic damages like pain and suffering you’ve endured, there’s a lot you might not realize you’re entitled to.
But without knowing the ins and outs of personal injury law, it’s easy to let these opportunities slip by.
Standing up against insurance companies
Facing off against an insurance company may be daunting, especially when dealing with an accident’s aftermath. However, having a lawyer can protect your rights and help you get the maximum compensation.
With our knowledge of personal injury law and experience in negotiating with insurers, one of our skilled personal injury lawyers will advocate on your behalf, ensuring that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your suffered injuries and vehicle damage.
From gathering evidence to presenting a strong case, we’re ready to fight for a fair settlement and secure the financial recovery you deserve.
Having an attorney on your side is key — we have the legal know-how to guide you through every step of the process, including when the other driver was at fault for negligent driving. From handling paperwork to knowing the courtroom’s ins and outs, we ensure everything’s done right.
Moreover, when you hire a car accident lawyer from the Shiner Law Group, you know you’re getting a well-versed attorney in the intricacies of the law, including the Florida car accident statute of limitations, which dictates the timeframe within which you could file a claim after an accident.
Our expertise ensures that your case is handled with precision and compliance, maximizing your chances of a successful outcome and best interest.
Help for unjust accusations
Finding yourself in a situation where you’re wrongly accused after a car accident that someone else caused can be incredibly stressful. Perhaps the other at-fault driver is blaming you for negligence, or the authorities have assigned you partial fault unfairly.
In some cases, multiple parties may share the blame for a car accident. Florida follows a comparative fault system, which means that your compensation may be reduced if you are partially at fault for the accident.
In such cases, having legal representation is crucial. A skilled personal injury attorney from our firm will investigate the circumstances of the accident, gather evidence to support your innocence and advocate on your behalf to ensure that you’re not unjustly held responsible for something you didn’t do.
We’ll work tirelessly to fight for what you deserve and receive compensation, helping you navigate through the complexities of an injury claim with confidence.
Additional reading: Should I get a lawyer for a car accident that wasn’t my fault?
Support for severe injuries
Sometimes, the full extent of injuries sustained in a car accident, including the most common car accident injuries, may not be immediately apparent.
Even if you initially feel fine, certain injuries can manifest days or weeks later, causing significant discomfort and impairment.
Additionally, what may seem like minor injuries at first glance could actually be more severe upon further medical evaluation. It’s crucial to seek medical help promptly after an accident, even if you don’t feel any immediate pain or discomfort, as early detection and treatment can prevent complications and ensure proper recovery.
Peace of mind during recovery
Recovering from a car accident can be an incredibly challenging journey, both physical and emotional. It’s not just about healing from physical injuries; there’s also the emotional toll and the financial strain to consider.
However, having an attorney take care of the legal side of things can provide a much-needed sense of relief.
Instead of worrying about legal proceedings and negotiations, you can concentrate on your health and recovery, knowing that you have a dedicated advocate in your corner. It’s a huge weight off your shoulders and makes this whole journey a little bit easier to bear.
Are personal injury attorneys worth it? Contact us and find out
If you’ve been involved in a car crash in Florida, you need a lawyer that not only fights for you but also has that sympathetic ear approach to lighten your load.
That’s exactly what we do here at the Shiner Law Group… We’ll help you recover compensation and take on all the stresses and strains of pursuing the insurance company on your behalf.
Contact us today for a free consultation to see how we can help Sunshine State residents
Learn More About Your Rights. Share Your Story Today.
Steps to take after the accident…
In the chaotic moments when you get into a car accident, it’s crucial to stay calm and take immediate action. Here’s a guide to help you navigate the aftermath of the most common types of car accidents:
- Check for Injuries: First and foremost, check yourself and others involved in the accident for any injuries. If anyone is hurt, call 911 immediately and request medical assistance. Also, see a doctor after your accident if you feel any pain.
- Move to Safety: If possible, move your vehicle to a safe location to avoid further accidents or severe injuries. Use hazard lights and warning triangles to alert other drivers.
- Call Law EnforcementContact the police to report the accident, even if it’s minor, particularly if it involves another driver who you believe was at fault. A police report can provide important documentation for insurance claims, legal proceedings, and calculating the accountability of the at-fault driver.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other negligent driver(s) involved in the accident and eyewitnesses. Be sure to collect names, phone numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance policy details, particularly if the other driver was uninsured.
- Document the Scene: Take photos of the accident scene, including motor vehicle damage, rear-end marks, road conditions, and any relevant signage or landmarks. This documentation can be valuable evidence later on, particularly if the other driver was at fault and you need to prove negligent driving.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don’t feel injured, it’s essential to seek medical attention promptly. Some injuries, such as whiplash or internal trauma, may not be immediately apparent.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Provide them with accurate details of the accident and cooperate fully with their investigation.
- Avoid Admitting Fault: Refrain from admitting fault or making statements that could be interpreted as an admission of guilt. Stick to the facts when discussing the accident with the police, other drivers, or insurance representatives.
- Keep Records: Keep thorough records of all medical treatment, vehicle repairs, rental car expenses, and other medical costs. These records will be essential for car accident claim and potential legal action.
- Consider Legal Advice: If you’re unsure about your rights or the extent of your property damages, consider working with a law firm. They can provide valuable guidance and representation to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Should I get a lawyer after a car accident? Key takeaways
After being involved in a car accident, whether it’s a minor collision or one resulting in serious injuries, working with a lawyer can greatly benefit those involved.
While a fender bender or other minor accident with no injuries and clear liability may seem straightforward to handle independently, having legal representation can ensure all aspects of the claim are properly addressed and protect against potential complications that may arise later on.
Similarly, in cases of significant injuries, disputed liability, or complex legal issues, having a lawyer on your side is crucial for navigating the complexities of the legal system and maximizing your chances of receiving fair compensation you deserve.
Our experienced car accident lawyers will:
- Evaluate the strength of your case and advise you on your legal rights.
- Handle communication with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure fair treatment.
- Investigate the accident, gather evidence, and get a free case consultation with experts to build a strong case.
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters for a fair settlement offer that adequately covers your expenses for your injuries and damages.
- Represent you in court if you file a lawsuit.
Are you ready to tackle the aftermath of your car accident head-on? if you’re in need of aFlorida car accident attorney, our legal team is here to lend a helping hand and guide you through every step of the process.
Serving the entire state of Florida, we’re committed to providing you with the legal support you deserve, no matter where you’re located.
Contact us today for a no-obligation consultation and take the first step towards finding peace of mind.
Call (800) 364-4444 to Discuss Your Case Details. 100% No Win No Fee Guarantee.
Additional reading: Should I get a lawyer for a minor car accident