MELBOURNE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
MELBOURNE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
While car accidents are commonplace in Florida, they remain a traumatic and frustrating event that can result in severe and debilitating injuries, or even wrongful death. At the Shiner Law Group, we understand the undue physical, emotional, and financial hardship associated with these cases, so we aggressively advocate on your behalf to obtain the substantial and favorable recovery you deserve.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a Florida car accident, contact our experienced Melbourne car accident lawyers to discuss your legal rights and options, as you may be entitled to financial compensation.
Understanding Florida’s Car Accident Claims Process
Car accidents may be wholly avoidable if not preventable; however, carelessness and poor judgment ultimately jeopardize the health and safety of those involved in the crash. The car accident lawyers at the Shiner Law Group identify the most common causes associated with car accident liability:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Distracted or aggressive driving, such as speeding or tailgating.
- Improper signaling or lane changing.
- Defective or improperly maintained vehicles.
- Unsafe road conditions, including construction and inclement weather.
Claimants must demonstrate that an at-fault party breached their legal duty of care and directly caused the injuries sustained, which resulted in pecuniary loss. Car accident victims can pursue a personal injury claim within four years from the incident in the state of Florida, or two years in cases of wrongful death, for damages including, but not limited to, medical treatment and rehabilitation, pain and suffering, lost income and benefits, reduced earning capacity, periods of disability, and a permanent inability to engage in gainful employment.
Steps to Follow After a Florida Car Accident
Car accident victims may not understand how to respond in the event of an accident without undermining their legal and financial interests. If conditions permit, our law firm encourages victims to follow these steps to help build the most compelling claim:
- Drive the vehicle to a safe location so that is does not disrupt the flow of traffic. Passengers with minor injuries should safely attempt to move to the side of the road if it is too dangerous to relocate the car.
- Call emergency services and seek immediate medical attention. Police are required to prepare accident reports and can redirect traffic as necessary.
- Exchange contact and insurance information, as well as license plate numbers, with the driver of the other vehicle.
- Take video or photo evidence of the crash site and note the conditions at the time of the incident.
- Seek legal counsel and contact your insurance company to report the details of the accident.
How Car Accident Attorney Can Help
For over 15 years, the award-winning car accident lawyers at the Shiner Law Group have successfully represented thousands of car accident victims and their families in the Melbourne community, recovering millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts, because we are committed to holding negligible parties accountable and securing the financial compensation our clients need to make a swift and healthy recovery.
Our seasoned trial lawyers conduct a thorough and independent investigation of the facts, evaluate the crash site, perform legal research, consult a network of accident reconstructionists, and facilitate insurance negotiations to safeguard your legal rights. While we make every effort to negotiate a fair settlement outside of court to avoid costly litigation fees, we are equally prepared to take your case to trial to maximize your claim’s financial recovery potential.
Speak with a Melbourne Car Accident Lawyer
Have you or someone you love been injured because of the negligent, reckless, or intentional conduct of another? Call us at (855) 462-6878 or contact us online for a free case review. The Shiner Law Group represents personal injury and wrongful death victims in Melbourne and the surrounding counties.