West Palm Beach Bus Accident Lawyer
Helping West Palm Beach Bus Accident Victims
– Common Causes of West Palm Beach Bus Accidents
– Common Injuries of West Palm beach Bus Accidents
– Compensation for West Palm Beach Bus Accidents
– The Importance of Treatment After a Bus Accident
– Wrongful Death Claim after a Bus Accident
– Benefits of Hiring A West Palm Beach Bus Accident Attorney
– Speaking With A West Palm Beach Bus Accident Attorney Near Me
100% Free Consultation Request
Were You in an Accident Involving a Bus in West Palm Beach?
Bus companies are responsible to ensure their passengers are safely transported to their destinations. While buses are typically safe to travel but just a small act of negligence can result in a devastating accident due to which many can suffer. A bus company is liable if the bus driver or the vehicle was the reason for the accident. Whether you or your loved ones were involved in a bus accident, seeking help from a West Palm Beach bus accident attorney can help you get proper justice from the ones responsible for the tragedy.
Common Causes of West Palm Beach Bus Accidents
While bus accidents are rare, various different factors can cause them. Some of the most common causes of bus accidents include:
- Negligence of the Driver – Distracted driving, not following traffic rules, driving under the influence, speeding, recklessly overtaking another vehicle or any other negligent behavior can result in an accident.
- Negligence of the Bus Company – Mechanic issues with the bus due to lack of maintenance, defected vehicle, an explosion of tires, forcing drivers to take long shifts without a break resulting in driver fatigue, and other such negligence can result in an accident.
- Negligence of Others – Negligence of a driver of another vehicle, a fault of a pedestrian, cyclists or other such issues can result in an accident for which neither the bus driver nor the company could be held liable.
Moreover, there can be other causes of a bus accident including bad weather conditions, blind spot, the driver being distracted by a passenger, lack of training of the driver and others.
Common Injuries of West Palm beach Bus Accidents
Victims of a bus accident can sustain minor to severe injuries. Some of the common injuries include:
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Facial fractures
- Permanent disfigurement or scars
- Broken or fractured bones
- Back and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain and head injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Spine damage
Regardless of the injuries you sustain, you or your loved ones involved in the bus accident deserve to be fairly compensated. Treatment of bus accident injuries can be emotionally and financially draining, which is why it is essential to consult an experienced bus accident attorney to fight for your case.
Compensation for West Palm Beach Bus Accidents
Bus accident victims can suffer significant losses. They can be compensated depending on the severity of injuries and other factors. The type of compensation you can recover in such cases might include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earning ability
- Loss of past and current wages
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Past treatment bills
- Future treatment costs, if any
Other compensation can also be included, depending on your situation.
The Importance of Treatment After a Bus Accident
It is essential to understand that your top priority after a bus accident must be to get immediate medical attention. Bus accidents can result in life-altering injuries, which can be prevented if treated immediately. Therefore, it is important to get treated as soon as possible, even if your injury appears minor. Certain severe injuries might seem minor but can result in major complications later on. Moreover, not getting treatment immediately can also affect the entire legal case.
Wrongful Death Claim after a Bus Accident
According to Florida law, a wrongful death claim in West Palm Beach can be made be a victim dies due to breach of contract, negligence, or wrongful act of an individual, group of people or an organization. Depending on the case, the dependants and family of the deceased victim may be compensated for their losses. The amount of compensation granted depends on the financial needs of the surviving family.
As per the wrongful death statue of Florida, the surviving family of the deceased can recover damages that may include the following depending on their case:
- Emotional and mental pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Loss of support
- Loss of services provided by the deceased
- Loss of instruction and guidance for minor children
- Loss of protection and companionship
- Funeral costs
The court evaluates each case by focusing on the relation to the deceased, replacement value, and potential future income. Other factors might also be considered depending on each case. An experienced bus accident attorney can ensure that you recover a fair amount of compensation after the bus accident to help you make this tragic loss a bit bearable.
Benefits of Hiring A West Palm Beach Bus Accident Attorney
Unfortunately, no matter how big the loss, the bus companies will instantly begin preparing their large defense in order to make their case strong. Therefore, bus accidents victims would have a hard time fighting the strong defense of the bus company without the help of an experienced and qualified bus accident attorney.
Bus companies can go to great lengths, while spending huge amounts of money, to protect themselves and might do anything they can to prove themselves right. It is highly recommended that you consult a good lawyer to fight on your behalf while you or your loved ones recover from the accident. Being a victim of a bus accident can indeed be emotionally, financially and physically draining. This is why; you need a legal team that will be compassionate and dedicated to fighting for your right in order to make your devastating experience bearable.
Speaking With A West Palm Beach Bus Accident Attorney Near Me
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a bus accident, it is essential that you immediately hire an experienced West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer to establish a strong case on your behalf. Feel free to contact Shiner Law Group to get a free case evaluation of your case now. Our experts will walk you through the legal process of filing a bus accident injury claim and will get the best possible monetary compensation that you deserve to make this difficult time easier for you.