BOCA RATON FOO ILLNESS LAWYERS
BOCA RATON FOOD ILLNESS LAWYERS
Unfortunately, food can cause serious and sometimes fatal injuries when contaminated or not prepared properly. Naturally, the first thing you should do if you experience food poisoning is to consult a physician or go immediately to the hospital.
The next thing you should do, if you feel that you’ve been injured by food poisoning as a result of another’s negligence – such as food served by a restaurant or items purchased at a grocery store – contact an experienced personal injury lawyer at the Shiner Law Group now.
In the United States, outbreaks of food poisoning and food illness happen every day. As many as 76 million cases of food-borne illness/sickness are detected every year. Of those 76 million cases of food poisoning, approximately 300,000 require hospitalization for treatment. What’s more, nearly 5,000 food poisoning related injuries result in death.
According to the Centers of Disease Control, meat is the number one cause of food poisoning. However, there are other common food products that result in food poisoning and illnesses such as leafy greens, eggs, tuna, tomatoes, peanut butter and berries.
Common reasons why food borne illnesses occur:
- Contamination of prepared food stored with contaminated uncooked food;
- Inadequate hygiene of food handlers;
- Insufficient cleanliness of equipment used in food preparation;
- Improper food storage temperatures;
- Cooling food slowly after heating;
- Consuming food long past its date of preparation;
- Use of raw food contaminated in some way;
- Inadequate food processing methods, i.e.: improper salting, fermenting, and sweetening.
Common side effects and symptoms:
- Abdominal Cramps and Pain
Our experienced personal injury law firm has been representing victims of food-borne illnesses and poisoning for over a decade and can help if you or a loved one has been injured. Please contact the Shiner Law Group at (561) 777-7700.