Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton
In many car accident cases, it may feel like an uphill battle to prove that you should not be liable for the actions of another negligent motorist. When you are hit by a drunk driver, the proof of their misdeeds can be much clearer. Still, another driver’s intoxication does not automatically entitle you to monetary compensation for your injuries and damages. You will need to create a comprehensive lawsuit that is able to defeat the arguments their own legal representation is no doubt crafting in their defense. Shiner Law Group’s team of drunk driving accident attorneys in Boca Raton will provide the aggressive representation you need.
The Dangers Created By Driving While Under the Influence of Alcohol
No one should have to be told that drinking and driving is a recipe for disaster, but intoxicated motorists who cause car accidents may try to feign ignorance or innocence all the same. To strengthen your insurance claim and increase your chance of receiving maximum compensation, our personal injury attorneys at Shiner Law Group will help you prove that the liable driver’s intoxication was the direct and sole cause of your accident and injuries.
Driving While Intoxicated will Affect a Driver in the Following Ways:
- Lack of lane control: A drunk driver will often be unable to keep their vehicle within their lane, causing them to merge into adjacent lanes or careen into oncoming traffic, causing catastrophic injury.
- No depth perception: Gauging how far away an object, such as another vehicle in an intersection, is may be impossible for an intoxicated driver.
- No sense of speed: Without looking at your speedometer, you probably have a good sense of how fast you are going. But, drunk drivers lose this ability to judge their velocity and barrel out of control down the road.
- Reduced reaction time: Split-second braking and emergency maneuvers are a must to prevent an accident. Someone who is drunk cannot react appropriately to common driving hazards.
- Difficulty multitasking: A driver is tasked with performing many duties at once, such as, keeping in the correct lane, heading in the correct direction, concentrating on other traffic, obeying traffic rules, and focusing on potential road hazards. A drunk driver loses their ability to perform each of these tasks simultaneously, making it very dangerous for other drivers on the road.
Drunk Driving Statistics
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- In 2014, 9,967 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
- In 2014, over 1.1 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
- Of the 1,070 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 in 2014, nearly twenty percent involved an alcohol-impaired driver.
http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html Given the alarmingly high number intoxicated drivers on the road, it is important to know that the attorneys at Shiner Law Group have your back if you are unfortunately injured in a car accident caused by a drunk driver.
Other Considerations in Proving the Drunk Driver is Responsible for your Auto Accident
In preparing your case against a drunk driver, we may also want to consider the age and health of the liable party to determine how intoxicated they really were when they hit you. Remember that each person’s blood alcohol content is affected differently by considerations such as his or her height, weight, gender, food intake, and medications a person is taking. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has campaigned several times to remind drivers that buzzed driving is the same as drunk driving – i.e. one drink is all it takes to lose the ability to control your vehicle. If the drunk driver has a low alcohol tolerance given the variety of the above considerations, we may only need to show that they had one drink that night before causing your car accident.
We may even want to consider where the drunk driver obtained the alcohol from before getting behind the wheel. You may also have a case against another entity, such as a restaurant that might have over served the drunk driver, for your injuries caused by that drunk driver. You may even consider if a valet is responsible for a drunk driving car accident. Our team of experienced car accident attorneys at Shiner Law Group is ready to represent you if you are injured as a result of an automobile accident involving a drunk driver.
People all across Florida have come to know Shiner Law Group to be an outstanding group of car accident attorneys. We are proud to say that throughout Mr. David Shiner’s 15+ years of legal experience handling injury claims, we have not only been able to attain several awards and distinctions, but also numerous positive client testimonials. We encourage you to review some of them to see why the personal injury lawyers working at Shiner Law Group should be your first choice for legal advocacy after being involved in a car accident. Of course, if you prefer to talk to us directly, we can be reached 24/7 by calling (561) 777-7700. Please feel free to call us today to discuss your personal injury insurance claim. Remember, your case evaluation is free, so do not hesitate to learn your options and what we can do for you.